From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Goals for the 2018 Road Rally

Post by markhimley » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Hey all!

I am feeling so incredibly motivated and inspired after the Rally. I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing community of genuine, generous, and oh so talented folks.

I am setting a goal for myself to sign 150 pieces of music before the 2018 Road Rally. I figured instead of just keeping it to myself I would post it here and hold myself accountable.

ALSO I thought it might be a cool idea for anyone else interested in doing the same :D

Feel free to post your own goals that you wish to achieve before next year's Rally in this thread, and we can all hold each other accountable and keep each other inspired/motivated. Hopefully there will be updates throughout the year, but if not I'll bump this thread next year before the Rally and we can see how everyone is doing. Even if it's only me I guess :lol:

I hope you all have a wonderful year of music!!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Goals for the 2018 Road Rally

Post by hummingbird » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Good idea Mark! My main goal after this Rally is to really ramp up my production while increasing my skill levels, and also managing the business end of things effectively - and finishing collaborations within a reasonable time. I hope to produce 165 new tracks and attempt to sign them all before the next Rally. I also want to study more about orchestration and 'synthestration' (how to use our VSTs most effectively). Really use the reference materials like Dean's books and Steve's book. Research the a la's more effectively so I can target a brief or a listing better. I also have a little wish list of things to buy, like Omnisphere 2 and stuff.

Edit - I have to get composer catalogue before I lose track of everything, too, lol

cheers
Hummin'bird :D
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

fuzzbox
Impressive
Impressive

Post by fuzzbox » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:43 am

Hi Mark,
great idea... I'll have to work out how many I can do. My production needs more work so that's going to slow me down a little. Ronan Chris Murphy has given me some good pointers on the areas I'm lacking. So, if I go for 15 cues and maybe 2 songs... yeah I know :oops: I should be able to do it. It is good to set goals... Start off slow and build. Of course if I can do more I will. :)

Anyway, it was great to meet you Mark! If all goes well, I hope to see you again at the next Rally. 8-) :)

BTW cool tracks Mark 8-)
Last edited by fuzzbox on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

All You Need Is Ears - Sir George Martin
The music is not in the notes, but in the silence betweenWolfgang Amadeus Mozart

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:40 am

Yessss great idea Mark. I started thinking about mine yesterday... will post when I've got the numbers down 8-)
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

MJFrog
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MJFrog » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:05 am

Challenging yourself right out of the gate ... Good move! ... let those wheels turn

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:20 am

You got this bro! No problem! 8-)
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:14 pm

hummingbird wrote: Edit - I have to get composer catalogue before I lose track of everything, too, lol
From what I hear there is a discount coupon or something in the Taxi bags they handed out at the Rally! Also - cool goals! 165 is a great number. Also if you are unaware - there are toooons of great youtube tutorials about midi orchestration/synthestration. SO many wonderful and generous people out there!
fuzzbox wrote: ..Anyway, it was great to meet you Mark! If all goes well, I hope to see you again at the next Rally. 8-) :)

BTW cool tracks Mark 8-)
It was great to meet you, too!! I hope I do see you next year :D Thanks for listening also:)

Also no need to feel bad about that - if that is a goal that will push you to grow and develop your craft, then it's a good goal!!
annayarbrough wrote:Yessss great idea Mark. I started thinking about mine yesterday... will post when I've got the numbers down 8-)
Thanks, Anna! Looking forward to seeing them, I feel like this is going to be a big year for you!
MJFrog wrote:Challenging yourself right out of the gate ... Good move! ... let those wheels turn
It's that Rally magic doing its work!!
WeWillWriteUaSong wrote:You got this bro! No problem! 8-)
Thank you my man! I won't be able to do 300 haha :lol: but 150 seems like a good target for where I'm at and with my current day job situation. You've been a big inspiration for my productivity. Looking forward to everything that is to come!