Going Forward with Ambient Guitar

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Going Forward with Ambient Guitar

Post by sansharbour » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:27 am

Always good to get a Forward and I was happy to get this
My track "Echoes in A Bar" is moving on......

https://soundcloud.com/don-lougheed/echoes-in-a-bar

INSPIRING, AMBIENT ELECTRIC GUITAR-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a successful NON-Exclusive Music Library for placements in a specific TV Show on A&E. They’re searching for Mid-To-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the stylistic ballpark of the following references: "Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the Sky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdiY6kijYHE "Marooned" by Pink Floyd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7YMI39sObY Please send them well-crafted Instrumental Cues that are Electric Guitar-based (but not big crunchy guitars) with an ambient, tranquil, and inspiring sound and vibe. Adding and subtracting instrumentation as the track moves forward will help keep it dynamically interesting, while avoiding becoming too linear, flat, or repetitive sounding. If you’re going to be using samples or Virtual Instruments, please make sure they sound convincing and real. Please avoid submitting anything that sounds stiff or obviously MIDI-driven. TAXI Tip: They would love to hear Cues that create a sparse but lush sound by tastefully using reverb and delay. Submissions should be at least 2 Minutes long, with Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a guide for texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or on CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, May 28th, 2018. TAXI #Y180528IA

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Going Forward with Ambient Guitar

Post by GuitarKit » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 am

Hi Don. Love the mood of this piece. Nice Lydian sounds. Hope it does well for you.

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:09 am

Hey Don, this one almost got away from me :lol: Nice track! I can see why you got the forward. It is very mellow and mysterious. I can see the smokey bar ( and in Canada it's probably pot smoke :lol: ). Sounds like a good fit for this listing. Congrats on a nice job!

Tom

jonathanmilanes

Post by jonathanmilanes » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Reminds me of Keane/Coldplay with country vibes, dunno why :) Congrats bro!

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:09 am

Thanks Tom and Jonathan

I appreciate you listening

Don