Goodbye

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

karafinman
Impressive
Impressive

Goodbye

Post by karafinman » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:06 am

I'm saving the money and not renewing. They care too much about sounding like the references. The post said other instruments can be added to the piano and they criticized me for adding other instruments to the piano. Forget it.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Goodbye

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:07 am

karafinman wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:06 am
I'm saving the money and not renewing. They care too much about sounding like the references. The post said other instruments can be added to the piano and they criticized me for adding other instruments to the piano. Forget it.
The Listings are very prescriptive I agree. But if the cues are good quality you can sign them once you have accepted by a library or two or put them in themed albums and pitch them yourself.

Quite a few of my early placements came from Taxi Returns that I signed elsewhere

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:05 pm

karafinman wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:06 am
Regardless of your decision, when you get a critique that seems off this way, it's good to let Taxi know. They do review and monitor the screeners. (If you did that already, ignore this). I'm obviously not talking about every return you are unhappy with. But when a critique appears to make no sense, email headscreener. Someone else had the exact same problem on this listing (probably the same screener), wrote to headscreener, and they reversed the decision and forwarded. They don't reverse decisions very often but it's good to know they will at least address your feedback. question-on-return-piano-strings-t148981.html

We all sign Taxi returns with libraries. It's usually not a fair comparison since the listings are specific and many libraries are looking to build their catalog with just plain good tracks. However, if the specific nature of Taxi listings doesn't work for you, it's understandable that this may not be your best route.

Best.
Casey

Cale
Active
Active

Post by Cale » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:35 pm

Does anybody have the email address for the head screener? Thanks in advance.