Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Got a Huge Shot in the Arm!

Post by Razor7Music » Sat May 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Hello

I want to share an experience I just had that really encouraged me as far as my songwriting is concerned.

I have a track I completed not long ago where I really focused on the lyrics by trying to apply the advice I've gotten from the Road Rallies, and books by the pros like Blume and Frederick, etc. I lost track of how many revisions I did.

It was the first time, I believe, I spent as much time revising the lyrics as I spent on the instrumemt tracks, mixing, mastering...

I haven't seen a lisitng where the track might fit yet, but let me add I haven't had my first forward for any tracks yet.

Having said that, there is a young man in his early twenties at my church that is extremely into music. All kinds, both by other artists as well as being a singer/ pianist himself. He attends music culture events, and even teaches others. An all around great guy as well.

Knowing his love for music, I asked if he wanted to hear my new track. I said I won't put him on the spot by asking him what he thought.

He agreed to listen, and his response was such an enormous compliment to me that, well, I'm sharing it with you here.

He did a complete (positive) review of the song, but mostly of the lyrics. He found insights to the song's story that I'm not even sure I was conscientiously aware of when I wrote it.

My point here is, even though we may not have every song placed that we create, that doesn't mean they are not good songs or that we are not good songwriters. We just have to keep at it until the song and the listing (and timing) match!

What a charge hearing something positive about your material can be!
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

charlie2
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Got a Huge Shot in the Arm!

Post by charlie2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:12 am

good...very important point
Success is failure analyzed

Sometimes the truth feels good. Sometimes bad. But it's always good for us.

The world's greatest music was written without the technology we have today.

Http://www.charlescaputo.com

Http://www.taxi.com/charlescaputo

teraannsitzmann
Active
Active

Post by teraannsitzmann » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:27 am

thanks for the words of encouragement!

AnneHouse
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by AnneHouse » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Great job! Rewriting lyrics to really focus on your message takes time but pays off in big ways. :)