Got a song placed on network tv

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brad

Got a song placed on network tv

Post by brad » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:57 am

Hello,A couple of years ago I had a submission forwarded through TAXI. It was for a music library searching for new songs to license on a non-exclusive basis. I had been forwarded several times before, but never any bites, so I didn't get my hopes up.Within a short period of time I was contacted by the library. I looked over the contract, signed it, and waited. And waited. Almost two years went by. During that time I had gotten a few very encouraging emails from the owner of the library, telling me how great he thought my stuff was, how he was going to try to get me "something really good."Well I'm very happy to say he did! I was told that my song was going to be played for two minutes in an upcoming episode of the CBS show Cold Case.But being tv, he said, this was all subject to change at the last minute, so I STILL didn't get my hopes up - until it actually aired!SO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TAXI! Couldn't have done it without you!If anybody is interested in seeing the clip, you can check it out on our myspace page at: www.myspace.com/starboardgreenSo to everybody that hasn't gotten a deal yet, don't give up. This can really work!Thanks,Brad

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Got a song placed on network tv

Post by gitarrero » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:21 am

hey brad,major congrats - persistance & patience pay off, and taxi does work!cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:37 am

Huge CONGRATULATIONS Brad!I looked at the link, it gave me goose pimples! Not just because it's a very good song but because you got it on screen, that's just amazing and has left even more inspired! Thank you for sharing your brilliant news.Lindsey

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:49 am

Hey Brad,So how was it? Seeing/hearing your music on TV, millions of people across the US doing the same, and the original recording of the song everyone is listening to is sitting on a computer or whatever in your spare bedroom. Kind of surreal, huh?That was a GREAT placement. The clip is excellent showreel material and you're going to LOVE the performance royalties from that placement. Not enough for a sports car and property in Malibu but still pretty darn good for sitting on the couch for a couple minutes listening to your own music. Hope for lots of reruns on primetime network TV. Syndicated cable reruns will be OK too.Congratulations!Dave

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:01 am

Hey Brad--Wow!! That's great news and a great placement too! And it was played for two full minutes??! That's going to be a fun little check to get in the mail! Yay for patience! Yay for TAXI! Yay for placements! Yay for payments!Yay for you!!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:08 am

Hey Brad !That's really cool !I love the song too ( as well as the others you had on your myspace)...Well deserved and inspiring to read...Thanks for posting this story !Cheers,MG

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:07 am

Wow Brad,Congratulations, a feature placement on a highly rated network show AND it is mixed quite loud too (trust me that's not always the case ).I love how perfectly the song sets the mood, there's not a major label act song I can think of that would've been a better fit. You should be particularly proud of this because this show actually uses a ton of well known music, so getting a feature on it is quite an accomplishment.And since it's a high rated and long running show, a rerun is pretty much guaranteed...plus it's already in (broadcast) syndication.Keep it up!matto

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:40 am

Major Congrats Brad! This is awesome!! It CAN be done!! Casey

brad

Post by brad » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:39 am

Wow, you guys are super supportive here - thank you for all the kind words!Yes, it was an extremely strange experience - "surreal" would be the right word I think. As the show kept going on, I started to think that they'd changed their minds at the last minute and pulled the plug, so I was pretty tense. It was a relief when I finally heard it. But strange, very very strange. I couldn't pay attention to the plot after hearing the song, I mean I just kind of vegged out after awhile and stared at the screen haha. I didn't really enjoy myself until after the whole show aired and I had seen the clip about 5 times. After that, it started to sink in how cool it all was. Oh, and thank you matto for posting that info on royalty payments from tv and film a while back. Your article really helped me understand the whole process involved. Thanks again everyone!-Brad

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Brad,That is WAAYYY cool! Congratulations to ya' on your success! That's got ta' be a major accomplishment for ya', or anyone for that matter. Nice tune too! Fits the mood perfectly. I suppose that is why it was chosen. Super job!ibanez468