Got Two More Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LalyaPars

Got Two More Forwards

Post by LalyaPars » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:23 am

Hi I got two more forwards which is awesome :D But I'm just wondering is it a placement if it is straight to music supervisor that is working on a film or tv show in the listings they had? Cause I told my family and now I'm not sure if it's a placement in a TV show that's in the works...

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Got Two More Forwards

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:18 am

LalyaPars wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:23 am
Hi I got two more forwards which is awesome :D But I'm just wondering is it a placement if it is straight to music supervisor that is working on a film or tv show in the listings they had? Cause I told my family and now I'm not sure if it's a placement in a TV show that's in the works...
No, it isn't a placement.

Taxi has sent your track to the Music Supe for consideration with a bunch of others.... and no doubt there will be competing tracks from multiple sources being collated for possible use in the same show.

If the Supe likes your track it willl be included in a "bin" which is a big folder of music that can possibly be used but then you're normally at the mercy of an editor who's job it is to assemble the scenes and find the tracks which best fit each scene.

Good Luck but don't hold your breath.

LalyaPars

Re: Got Two More Forwards

Post by LalyaPars » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:22 am

Thank you for explaining that to me. I thought that it going straight to them was one. Now I know, thank you gain :)