Grim Determination

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Grim Determination

Post by jdstamper » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Nice article :)

Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:18 am

Thanks for posting this. I read Jimmy Webb's book (forgot the name) and he didn't have that much about Glen Campbell and their working relationship. It is interesting to read more about that and about Glen's near perfect vocal chops.
Also I'm thinking about how much of "luck" is keeping our eyes and ears open for synchronistic opportunities that fly by sometimes completely unnoticed.
Susan

http://www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:24 pm

You are most welcome! Love those synchronistic opportunities :)

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Jimmy Webb's book is Tunesmith. I was lucky enough to meet him and get an autographed copy on a trip to Nashville (and thank you to NSAI) :)
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Here's a comment I just left on the article:
Great read and something that means a little more to me because I was recording with a group called "Green" at the (3rd St.) Record Plant in L.A. in 1976 (a year before Gary Kellgren passed away) and you were our producer! I remember feeling towards you as you said you felt about Glen Campbell and I told you that I had listened to "A Tramp Shining" every day for almost a year when it first came out! But what I still so cherish is that you told me you like my keyboard playing (I was using my Fender-Rhodes). I later ended up writing a couple of musicals that got great reviews in the trades...but never went to Broadway and almost had a song recorded by Natalie Cole (her husband/producer liked it, but that was the year they split). What a great career you've had and so well-deserved! And I totally identify with those crazy days in Hollywood back then...we're both lucky we made it out (Gary didn't). I guess you were purposely ambiguous about who, exactly, the big bad guys are in our great country...but I will make clear that it's becoming more and more obvious that it's the Soros/Deep State conglomerate that has been the problem for a long time now.