Hanging in There

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Hanging in There

Post by Casey H » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Hey Karen
I assume you are in your first membership year. My understanding is Taxi offers a money back guarantee the first year, so you should be able to cancel and get a refund. It's obvious that Taxi is not for you. It has worked well for many of us, but even Michael well tell you it's not for everyone.

Best of luck,
:D Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:44 am

KarenBraysher wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:03 pm
Robin Frederick on taxi TV, who I quote commented on my voice saying how she liked it , very suitable for tv etc.Screener returned it. Said it was out of tune ? And had a hiss on the recording...
Consider that all these things can be equally true.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:26 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:44 am
KarenBraysher wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:03 pm
Robin Frederick on taxi TV, who I quote commented on my voice saying how she liked it , very suitable for tv etc.Screener returned it. Said it was out of tune ? And had a hiss on the recording...
Consider that all these things can be equally true.
You can't at all compare the type of listening done on a Taxi TV by someone like Robin (who is awesome!) with a more intense headphone listen by a screener. They are not listening for the same thing and not listening at the same fidelity level. I remember reading about the hiss and how it turned out to be the brushes. But the bottom line is if someone hears it as distracting or annoying, then it is to them and will probably be to others. So it can be brushes, not hiss, and still be a problem.

This doesn't mean the screeners are always right, perfect, etc. Most times I agree with them, sometimes not. But as I said before, Karen, it appears that Taxi is not for you and you should see about a refund. Wish you the best. :D
Casey

KarenBraysher

Post by KarenBraysher » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:45 pm

Hi Guys
Us English women are made of stronger stuff than throwing in the towel just like that. No,leaving Taxi is not on the table for me, soon enough I am going to break through.

All I am highlighting is some of the screeners are poor in the quality of their work.
Any normal company would want to hear that and address that fact. And it is now a fact for myself on three occasions.

The idea of Taxi is a good one, when it goes well it is brilliant. I and many others can learn. But when it’s bad it’s bad!

I am not leaving and will more than likely renew, just wish I was not so unlucky with unpleasant screeners who seem to have rushed thier work.

Karen
:idea: “It’s unhealthy to bottle up feelings”

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:18 pm

KarenBraysher wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:45 pm
Hi Guys
Us English women are made of stronger stuff than throwing in the towel just like that. No,leaving Taxi is not on the table for me, soon enough I am going to break through.

All I am highlighting is some of the screeners are poor in the quality of their work.
Any normal company would want to hear that and address that fact. And it is now a fact for myself on three occasions.

The idea of Taxi is a good one, when it goes well it is brilliant. I and many others can learn. But when it’s bad it’s bad!

I am not leaving and will more than likely renew, just wish I was not so unlucky with unpleasant screeners who seem to have rushed thier work.

Karen
You used a lot of very harsh words towards Taxi management and the screeners here on this thread. It's just my opinion, but it's better to express your concerns politely and professionally.

Best,
Casey

KarenBraysher

Post by KarenBraysher » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:59 pm

:D yes look Casey,
I reserve the right as a customer to complain, which on two occasions I have done. On the third occasion ie the busker listing which I feel strongly about, I decided it was no use complaining as the fundamental ethics behind the transaction were not fair game by the way in which the listing was executed, adding insult to injury an ill equipped screener tells a British person ie myself I do not sound British enough. Thirdly, my disgust that not only myself suffered, but it seems all British applicants did apart from two applicants who were forwarded.
It is fair to say, that I and others may not have been chosen, but to deliberately upset us British folk is not good for any relationship at all.
You mentioned harsh words... well that is my pain coming out at being treated with contempt. I put a lot of work into that listing submission and expected a better experience, now I have a gauge on what to expect in the future, perhaps next time Taxi asks for a British sounding voice I will not apply myself to it.
Casey there are always two sides to a story, and I get Michael means well, I for one enjoy watching Taxi TV, he is a great guy, but tell a British person they don’t sound British and replace us with an Ozzie was always going to upset the apples in the cart!
End of.
:idea: “It’s unhealthy to bottle up feelings”

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:07 pm

If it helps, it was not Taxi that chose the "down under-er" over the authentic Brits. The customer had the opportunity to take a British product. They chose based on how well it was fitted to the scene, not on the nationality of the singer. To be honest, us yanks can't tell a Brit from practically any other non-US English speaker. If a faux pas was committed, it wasn't intended; I am sure.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:55 pm

I'll send you the $5 myself if you'll quit whining. :roll:

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:44 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:55 pm
I'll send you the $5 myself if you'll quit whining. :roll:
:lol: :lol: I'll make it $10!! Joking but really... It's just one listing.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:21 pm

Interesting turn: there's a local barber shop with a large sign that reads:
"There will be a $5 charge for whining."
Seems to be the going rate. :? 8-)
I suppose you could always offer a tip.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured