Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Misterbuddy09
Active
Active

Happy Go Lucky Listing

Post by Misterbuddy09 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:51 am

Hey Guys,
I'm thinking of submitting a song for the "Happy Go Lucky" brief. Just wondering if this is just an idea of what they want or if they actually want the same lines repeated with no new lyrics? Just the same lines over and over.
It's a strange reference as it's just an mp3 file. Not the usual type ref from Youtube etc..
Thanks.
Here's the brief:TAXI # S240210HA

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Happy Go Lucky Listing

Post by Casey H » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:25 pm

Misterbuddy09 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:51 am
Hey Guys,
I'm thinking of submitting a song for the "Happy Go Lucky" brief. Just wondering if this is just an idea of what they want or if they actually want the same lines repeated with no new lyrics? Just the same lines over and over.
It's a strange reference as it's just an mp3 file. Not the usual type ref from Youtube etc..
Thanks.
For the chorus, very repetitive like the references. For example:
Title line
Title line
Alternate line
Title line

It sounds like the song doesn't need much else as far as lyrics as you would do in a normal song. The verses can be do do do, ba ba ba, etc. I'd follow the pattern of the references. And what's wrong with mp3 as reference tracks? That's way better than youtube. Nothing to distract you, you can see the waveform and timing, and download the mp3 to put in your DAW for reference. I wish all references were like that!

Best,
:D Casey
HAPPY-GO-LUCKY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Female or Male Vocals are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal for placements in TV Promos, Advertising, and other TV Programming.

This company gets some really, really great placements! Please listen to the following references we got directly from the CEO of the company to get yourself in the general stylistic wheelhouse of what they need:

Reference #1: Wonderful With You https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6v69plmc ... nxivj&dl=0

Reference #2: Wrap Me In Rainbows https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6v69plmc ... nxivj&dl=0

Quoting The Company: "Lyrics should be minimal and short with very clear messages and hooks."

TAXI Tip: Notice how simple both references are! The lyrics are simple, short, sweet, and to the point. The melodies are instantly "hummable," and the feeling/vibe of loving life and having a great day is also instantly obvious. Typically, music supervisors and editors will use the chorus most often, so keep it simple, but the verses don't need to be like a typical song's chorus that tells a full story. Once again, keep all aspects simple and easy to "digest" so as much of your song is usable as possible. That goes for your instrumentation as well! Simple, simple, simple!

Please submit Singer/Songwriter Songs with a happy and emotionally upbeat sound and feel that could work well for a variety of sync placements! Bright and catchy melodies, memorable choruses, excellent musicianship and clear and well-written lyrics are all needed for this pitch. Organic Singer/Songwriter instrumentation that's in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references will work best (acoustic guitar, percussion, light drums, etc.). Make sure your vocals are expressive and well-performed!

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Music Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal that's somewhat unique and good for creators. You’ll keep 50% of all gross income generated by your music, plus you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share income generated by your PRO. In other words, if the company licenses your music under a blanket deal, you’ll get income. If they license it for a YouTube video, you’ll get income. Not all music libraries pay you for things like that! The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share.

Because this is an Exclusive deal, the music you submit for this pitch cannot already be signed with other Libraries or Publishers. You must own or control 100% of your Masters and Composition rights. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, February 10th, 2024. TAXI # S240210HA

Misterbuddy09
Active
Active

Re: Happy Go Lucky Listing

Post by Misterbuddy09 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:23 am

Hi Casey,
You are awesome! Thanks very much for replying.
I really appreciate your advice and that's exactly what I thought.
I've got two songs written that are super similar to the ref songs. Now I just have to find a producer. And by the 10th hahaha!
Good point re the mp3.

Casey H wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:25 pm
Misterbuddy09 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:51 am
Hey Guys,
Thanks.
For the chorus, very repetitive like the references. For example:
Title line
Title line
Alternate line
Title line

It sounds like the song doesn't need much else as far as lyrics as you would do in a normal song. The verses can be do do do, ba ba ba, etc. I'd follow the pattern of the references. And what's wrong with mp3 as reference tracks? That's way better than youtube. Nothing to distract you, you can see the waveform and timing, and download the mp3 to put in your DAW for reference. I wish all references were like that!

Best,
:D Casey
HAPPY-GO-LUCKY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Female or Male Vocals are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal for placements in TV Promos, Advertising, and other TV Programming.

This company gets some really, really great placements! Please listen to the following references we got directly from the CEO of the company to get yourself in the general stylistic wheelhouse of what they need:

Reference #1: Wonderful With You https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6v69plmc ... nxivj&dl=0

Reference #2: Wrap Me In Rainbows https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6v69plmc ... nxivj&dl=0

Quoting The Company: "Lyrics should be minimal and short with very clear messages and hooks."

TAXI Tip: Notice how simple both references are! The lyrics are simple, short, sweet, and to the point. The melodies are instantly "hummable," and the feeling/vibe of loving life and having a great day is also instantly obvious. Typically, music supervisors and editors will use the chorus most often, so keep it simple, but the verses don't need to be like a typical song's chorus that tells a full story. Once again, keep all aspects simple and easy to "digest" so as much of your song is usable as possible. That goes for your instrumentation as well! Simple, simple, simple!

Please submit Singer/Songwriter Songs with a happy and emotionally upbeat sound and feel that could work well for a variety of sync placements! Bright and catchy melodies, memorable choruses, excellent musicianship and clear and well-written lyrics are all needed for this pitch. Organic Singer/Songwriter instrumentation that's in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references will work best (acoustic guitar, percussion, light drums, etc.). Make sure your vocals are expressive and well-performed!

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Music Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal that's somewhat unique and good for creators. You’ll keep 50% of all gross income generated by your music, plus you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share income generated by your PRO. In other words, if the company licenses your music under a blanket deal, you’ll get income. If they license it for a YouTube video, you’ll get income. Not all music libraries pay you for things like that! The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share.

Because this is an Exclusive deal, the music you submit for this pitch cannot already be signed with other Libraries or Publishers. You must own or control 100% of your Masters and Composition rights. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, February 10th, 2024. TAXI # S240210HA