happy song listing feedback

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MishyKatz

happy song listing feedback

Post by MishyKatz » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:22 pm

does this song (link below) seem to fit this listing, and what does it need to be of the production quality I should be going for. thanks in advance

Song is Tell Me More (with less, when I stripped vocals) https://soundcloud.com/mishy-katz/tell ... OtrtVETbRk

I have not posted anything before, but was at the rally this past year, loved it! :D
Mishy Katz in Phoenix

HAPPY ACOUSTIC-CENTRIC INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a European Music Licensing Company with an impressive list of placements in Film, TV, and Commercials!

They’re looking for positive feeling Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the references below:

"Ooh La La" by The Well Pennies

"New Colors" by Honoraries ft. Dan Read

“House of Gold” by twenty-one pilots

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

Please send well-crafted Acoustic-driven Instrumentals that have an emotionally upbeat feel and mood that could work for a wide range of sync placements. Your submissions should have catchy, happy melodies, engaging rhythms, and authentic-sounding acoustic and organic based instrumentation. Your arrangements can vary from small, subtle ensembles to fuller productions with additional genre-appropriate instrumentation.

Your submissions should be about 2-3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: happy song listing feedback

Post by cassmcentee » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Hey Mishy!
Cute Idea but many things stand in the way of this getting through the screeners.
Firstly you need to groove: the Tambo only sounded on rhythm around 0:23 - 0:24
The Uke sounds like it is struggling with the strumming rhythm
I know you can hear in your head what the groove is, you have to get to that!
The mix sounds Mono with the instruments on top of each other, try wider panning.
They are also asking for instrumentals, so you would need to add some kind of easy melody to this.
Good Luck!
Cass
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

JeremyDoss
Active
Active

Post by JeremyDoss » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:21 pm

I listened too and agree with cassmcentee...I was craving a simple melody. I think a whistled or hummed melody would work great for this tune. Not sure if that would work with what the listing is looking for.

MishyKatz

Post by MishyKatz » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:26 am

Great feedback, thanks!!! :D