Hello everybody! I'm Lo Bellver and I'm new here. This is my new album and I'd love to read your feedback

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LoBellver
Active
Active

Hello everybody! I'm Lo Bellver and I'm new here. This is my new album and I'd love to read your feedback

Post by LoBellver » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Here's the YouTube playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRCZ20Q ... Ke1Xjo_YF0

My two goals are being able to publish as many good albums as I can, and get to compose score for fiction films. I recently joined Taxi in order to improve the chances of that happening. Unfortunately, it's very difficult for me to get people to listen to my music and give me feedback. I like my music but this means I'm obviously biased, so I can't objectively say: "Yes, my music is good enough", and I haven't had people telling me so because I almost haven't had anyone listening to my music.
I'd like to know, from your point of view, whether I have chances to meet my goals or I'd better spend my time doing something else.

Thanks in advance.

Elderman
Active
Active

Re: Hello everybody! I'm Lo Bellver and I'm new here. This is my new album and I'd love to read your feedback

Post by Elderman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Hey LoBellver

You have a lot of music to choose from. If there is one you'd like feedback on I'd be happy to listen. No Treason stood out.Great build up and guitar solo.

J.O

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hello everybody! I'm Lo Bellver and I'm new here. This is my new album and I'd love to read your feedback

Post by Kolstad » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:28 am

Hey Lo,
Getting free feedback online is often a trade deal, so try giving some to some posters in the p2p at a level of detail that you’d like to recieve. Over time you can build some feedback relations you can depend on.

Fwiw good luck.
Ceo of my own life

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:46 am

Hi Lo :D
Yea, the best thing to do is start by posting a link to ONE song in the PEER TO PEER section of this forum. As others have said, give some feedback to others in PEER TO PEER.

Best,
:D Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:57 am

Hi Lo

So the track on Youtbe..I am not sure whether it's called " Beating A Dead Horse "..or " Dance Squad "..it's confusing

This first 18 seconds sound like a bit of a trainwreck ...I've heard it said in music licensing you have about 3 seconds to grab the listener..tehy ned to know what genre it is and what the mood of it is. If you have 18 seconds of SFX at the start then they won't listen to the rest.

After 18 seconds when the actual music starts it just sounds like very dated tecnno ..the sounds and beats sound like early 90's throwback. So objectively for me " No - that piece of music isn't good enough " but that isn't to say you can't develpo yours skilss and make asomething that is.

Mark

LoBellver
Active
Active

Post by LoBellver » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Oh I see it now, sorry I posted in the wrong place. I'll post in P2P then ;)

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:55 am

LoBellver wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:06 pm
Oh I see it now, sorry I posted in the wrong place. I'll post in P2P then ;)
Hey Lo--

Welcome to the forum! You've gotten some great advice from some of the longtime experts. I'd just like to add that lots of times I have to wait for a reply to a post here. It's nothing bad about this forum--it's a great forum with lots of amazing people. It's just that I am on a few other forums and I tend to get responses a little quicker there. Probably because there are more people--maybe a different demographic. Whatever the reason, it helps to be patient and wait for someone to reply, rather than trying to nudge a response. IMO.

Best of luck! :D
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon