Hello everyone - Electronic bedroom producer

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

philipscott

Hello everyone - Electronic bedroom producer

Post by philipscott » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:51 am

Hello, my name is Philip and I'm just getting started out in Sync.

I've joined Taxi earlier this year and it's been great. Two forwards and some rejections so far... I'm here to learn so let's go.
I write kind of specific, dark, westworld, electronic music that I am trying to hone into what is needed for varying listings. It has been a challenge let me tell you.

I've been through a group on Facebook that suggested Taxi and so now that I'm here but I don't want to try for listings that I don' think I could add something to.
I am learning my best to create authentic songs that the client is asking for.
So the hunt begins!

Nice to meet you and happy to connect and network.

- Philip

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hello everyone - Electronic bedroom producer

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:46 am

Hey Phillip

Congrats on the two forwards, it shows you're making music that's viable for Sync . Rejections are all part of the process whatever level you're at you'll still get them so you need to develop a thick skin.

When I first started out most of the advice I saw was that that the majority of music used in the industry is positive/upbeat as it's adding energy to scenes in reality shows etc.

Whilst I think there is a lot of truth in that, my top two earning tracks have been electronic tension and one in particular has been used in all sorts of shows about horrible things like drugs, prositituion, earthquakes, shoplifting, tornadoes etc. so there is a need for it and it can do well for you.

I would also try to broaden your horizons as well though, there are other electronic genres to try like various forms of EDM which can be more uplifting. See what inspires you from the listings, do your research if it's a new genre ( Wikipedia - Youtube Tutorials etc on specific styles ) to you and give it a go.

Best of Luck

Mark

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:35 am

Hi Phillip,

Nice to see you here. You know I am a fan of your music. You will do really well I am sure of this.

Wish you many forwards and placements.

philipscott

Post by philipscott » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:58 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:35 am
Hi Phillip,

Nice to see you here. You know I am a fan of your music. You will do really well I am sure of this.

Wish you many forwards and placements.
Thank you both. Yes, a thick skin is needed I can see that. Thank you for the well wishes. I've been doing the research/digging thing for sure. I've started a notebook.. who knew there were a million types of electronic music. One of my rejections was an authentic Trance track.. that made sense because for all my research I didn't know much about the how the vocal effects were supposed to be... now, at least, I've learned a little more. Have a great week!