hello everyone, help?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Gerdon

hello everyone, help?

Post by Gerdon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Gordon Scholl, i’m a Portland Or, native. Hope y’all had a wonderful X-mas. I just noticed my name is miss spelled and i couldn’t figure out how to change it. lol Anyways, I’ve been a taxi member for 11 months. I joined and came out of the gate swinging. I think I’ve actually submitted only 4-5 times but i’ve ALMOST submitted probably 30-40 times. Now every time I even look at the listings I get the craziest anxiety. I have spent most of my life wanting to write music for others needs and it has always come so naturally to me until now. Any advice? I feel like I have so much to offer but so little to show here. I was hoping one of you wonderful, beautiful people would put me to work on something that you have created that might need actual drum tracks, i would be so greatful. Not looking for anything other than experience, Anything but Jazz or death metal. 🙌😎 TY
Gordon (Not Gerdon) Scholl

http://www.soundcloud.com/gordonscholl

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: hello everyone, help?

Post by ttully » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 am

Hi Gerdon.... I mean Gordon!!!

Well.... I was thinking about putting together a Death Metal Jazz band...... interested???

The only advice I have is....just do it!!!! ALMOST doesn't count!!!!
The more you write stuff and submit...the better you will get.

And sorry...I'm also a drummer (so don't use any big words)....need any drum track? I only do Jazz and Death Metal though.... ha!!!

Good luck,
Tim

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:10 am

Sorry... I only do death metal. :lol:

As far as getting anxiety about submitting... Well, ya gotta be in it to win it! :D

The mantra is Write, Submit, Forget, Repeat... ("Take a Valium" is not on that list!)

Best,
:D Casey

Gerdon

Post by Gerdon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:54 pm

trying to wrap my head around how death metal jazz would sound like 🤔🤔 sounds tiring 😂🤣 Thanks for the encouragement fellas. 🎸😎 👍
Hey, y’all have any thoughts about what the best, easiest way to link music on hear? I have a few truck loads i pulled out of the heap. 😅😅

Gerdon

Post by Gerdon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Anyone know if there’s a way to link Dropbox?

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Hey Gordon,

I just upload mp3's from my PC..... I don't know if you can link to Dropbox.

Tim

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:25 am

Gerdon wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:54 pm
trying to wrap my head around how death metal jazz would sound like 🤔🤔 sounds tiring 😂🤣 Thanks for the encouragement fellas. 🎸😎 👍
Hey, y’all have any thoughts about what the best, easiest way to link music on hear? I have a few truck loads i pulled out of the heap. 😅😅
Most people create a free Soundcloud account. You can upload songs there and easily create links to them.
Best,
:D Casey

stansongman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by stansongman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:52 am

Hi Gordon,
I am on the fence about a lot of the stuff I submit, and I've got placements in a lot of shows. Over time, I realized I was overthinking everything. So, just do what everyone else has said: Write, Submit, Forget, Repeat. Of course, applying feedback from previous submissions going forward is always a great idea too ;) . And, you will also find that you get forwards and returns both for the same tracks, it is a business of opinions after all. My philosophy is "the more you create, the more you will create".

For posting tracks, I recommend getting a SoundCloud account and uploading them there. I set the tracks to be private, since people can rip your music off from there, and if you make them public you can't control who has access. You then can get a private link to share on the forum, so you can control who gets access to the tracks. And, you can reset the private link at any time, so you can also limit how long people have access via the link. Hope that helps!

Gerdon

Post by Gerdon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:16 pm

Casey,Tully, Stan 😎 🎸🙏 😎😎😎🎸 thank you
I had a problem in the past with my digital recording’s getting slowed down and taken apart sounding over time, So i stopped using it. But i’m sure it’s come along way since then. Y’all are a huge help and I have some serious Cloud cleaning to do. 😅😅😂

Gerdon

Post by Gerdon » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:13 am

Okay, spent the last few hours uploading stuff to SoundCloud. Link in my signature if anyone would like to take a listen.