Hello Everyone

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AnthonyB

Hello Everyone

Post by AnthonyB » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Hello Taxi,

My name is Anthony and I'm a newbie to Taxi and the forum.

I work as a Sound Tech for a few companies here in Calgary which is nice as they call when they need me and this gives me lots of time to write. As of late I have found myself editing and mixing short documentaries.

I am married to my loving and supporting wife Kristy and we have two fur babies Jessie and Charlie with hope to add a real baby to the mix this year ;)

I went to audio school in Vancouver a little over a decade ago and love everything audio. Working on Foley, SFX, or a smooth Dialog edit where no one even knows you did anything. But my passion is in writing music. I hope to get better everyday and someday be able to support my family from something that brings me so much joy.

I have only been with Taxi for about 4 months and feel I have already learned so much.

I look forward to meeting and hearing all the talented music that is a part of the Taxi community.

All the best,

Anthony

dotted8
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by dotted8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Anthony! Welcome to the forum! It's definitely a great place to learn from a lot of great and talented people...
"The truth is never out of breath"

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/robarey

kyliecouper
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kyliecouper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi Anthony
Welcome to the forums!
Make sure you come to the rally in November where you will learn so so so much more!
(and meet a lot of amazing people too!)

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Welcome, Anthony. Great story.. your lucky to have the time to create.

The learning is an ongoing process and I suggest watching TAXI TV, to help you get started. Plus you will find a lot of knowledgeable people on these Forums, ready and willing to help you. Very friendly and encouraging too!

Welcome aboard, Anthony and good luck!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

markismusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by markismusic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:50 am

AnthonyB wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:50 pm
Hello Taxi,

My name is Anthony and I'm a newbie to Taxi and the forum.

I work as a Sound Tech for a few companies here in Calgary which is nice as they call when they need me and this gives me lots of time to write. As of late I have found myself editing and mixing short documentaries.

I am married to my loving and supporting wife Kristy and we have two fur babies Jessie and Charlie with hope to add a real baby to the mix this year ;)

I went to audio school in Vancouver a little over a decade ago and love everything audio. Working on Foley, SFX, or a smooth Dialog edit where no one even knows you did anything. But my passion is in writing music. I hope to get better everyday and someday be able to support my family from something that brings me so much joy.

I have only been with Taxi for about 4 months and feel I have already learned so much.

I look forward to meeting and hearing all the talented music that is a part of the Taxi community.

All the best,

Anthony
Welcome Anthony!
As a fellow Canadian with (very) minor success in this industry, I'm here to tell you it can be done from anywhere!
Don't get discouraged (can be easy since we are so far away from the "action")... Keep writing high-quality cues and do it A LOT.
Stay disciplined as working from home comes with its distractions.
Stay hungry and you will see progress.

Good Luck man!
Mark

waveheavy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by waveheavy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:47 am

Hi Anthony, welcome!

Dave

NoellR
Active
Active

Post by NoellR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:28 am

Hi Anthony, welcome, I hope you have an enjoyable learning experience here at the Taxi Forums. Happy music making, have a rocking week! :)

harperpeterson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by harperpeterson » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:53 am

Hi, Anthony!

I'm a newbie here as well! It's cool to hear that you've worked in post-production as I've had an interest in that for awhile.

I look forward to hearing your music!