Hello from Belgium, the beer country !

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

yoyoman

Hello from Belgium, the beer country !

Post by yoyoman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:39 pm

... While we have over 400 different kinds of beer here in Belgium you can guess that my post is not exactly about that ;o)

Nice to meet you in this forum that looks great and I'm new here.

However, I've been now over 1 year a member from TAXI and I must be among the "most quiet composers" since I have only submitted 3 tracks alltogether. However a film music track is "ready for upload". I plan to become more active and I've been composing much more indeed since December 2009.

My musical genre is something I started in 2004 for a very special "public" : Those who love planes, aviation, professionally speaking of as a hobby such as flight sims or plane spotters. In 2007 I released my CD "Aviation Music" and there's over 1 hour of self composed music carefully mixed with plan's noises, ATC (air traffic control) etc.

I'm not saying this to promote myself because you who is reading this text right now does not belong to this particular group of aviation fans. It only explains some of my background !

But this "aviation music" - just "Google it" - was just a project and in a further stage I started to really work on Film music. It's this kind of music that I plan to work on and upload towards Taxi in the future.

I wish you all a happy 2010 and a successful year for you regarding musical creations,

Bruno (yoyoman is my former artist's name from my early days :lol: ).

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hello from Belgium, the beer country !

Post by llama » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:35 pm

HI Bruno. Welcome to the forums. I always enjoyed visiting Brussels when I lived in Europe....Amazing what you guys can make beer from.

Derek

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by elser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi there Bruno. I love Belgian ale, I have two Belgian shepherds, one Tervuren and one Groenendale, and I grew up in a family of pilots so we have some things in common. I look forward to hearing your music!

ullali
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ullali » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi Bruno.
Welcome on the Forum and best of luck with your music and forwards in 2010! :D
I know you will find LOTS of great info and help in here, from lots of great composer and friends in music.

Cheers from Denmark....we love beer too! :lol:

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Bruno,

Welcome, and good luck with your music! BTW: My ancestry is Belgian, so you caught my attention. It's good to have you with us here in this amazing forum.

All The Best,
Allen

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:34 pm

yoyoman wrote:... While we have over 400 different kinds of beer here in Belgium you can guess that my post is not exactly about that ;o)
And why not? :D

Welcome to the forum!!

Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:56 am

Welcome Bruno,

Sounds like you have some very interesting inspirations! Very much looking forward to hear your music and read your posts around here..
Ceo of my own life

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:19 am

Welcome!
Hope you'll enjoy your stay here and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

yoyoman

Post by yoyoman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:50 am

Hello again,

I definitely did not expect so many welcomes coming from you all :)

@ Llama : It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your visits in my country. It is true indeed that we make very different kind of beers also involving beer brewed with different fruit, the most well known being Cherry beer ... Tourists will often drink the most "advertised" beers but there's so much more !

@ Elser : We have things in common indeed but I looked up "shephered" in the dictionary and the main translation is "someone who keeps sheep", so at this point I wonder what you mean with your "Shepherds" from Groenendael and Tervuren. You mean people who work for the Church maybe ? My brother lives in Tervuren and I'm from Wavre, no more than 15 minutes by car from Tervuren.

@ Ullali : I realize that this forum including Taxi offer fantastic opportunities for artists, and I'm delighted that I have started my New Year visiting you more seriously.

@ Allends : Thanks for your nice welcome words, and it's great that your ancestry is from Belgium ! I live in the center part pretty close from Brussels but in a quiet area.

@ Mazz : Nice to meet you !

@ thesongcabinet : I also look forward to hear other music from other composers !

@ Orest : I'm sure that I will enjoy my stay here and I'm sure that we will be able to share great ... musical adventures !

Thanks again for your warm welcome !

Bruno

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 am

Welcome! I used to work in naval aviation and own a copy of Joe Satriani's "Flying In A Blue Dream", so we also have something in common. (am also a big fan of Belgian beers and ales) In English, "shepherd" is also shorthand for a breed of sheep-herding dogs, by the way. People who actually raise sheep are mostly called ranchers, nowadays.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone