Hello I'm Magne!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Hello I'm Magne!

Post by Casey H » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:03 am

Nov 11, 2009, 5:33am, thesongcabinet wrote:Nov 11, 2009, 5:16am, hurowitz wrote:Thanks! I like your sound! I'd like to hear more songs from the cabinet... I can't take too much credit on the arrangement side. I'm a non-performer and the pro studios make me look good!!I hope you enjoy it here!! CaseyI might have given you a wrong impression, Casey. The songs I have on my website are publisher demos, produced in Nashville, not my own productions. I cowrote the lyrics, and did the music for those.So, Im also riding under the wings of others for now. Im non-performing too, in the sense that I don't play gig's (and don't produce the demo's I aim to send to Nashville).I'm just like you-- I depend on the demo folks for a lot... But you DID co-write the songs and the sound quality on the demos is very good! That's all that matters! Casey

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:31 am

Hey Magne,Welcome to the forum. I like the idea of starting the thread with a poll heh heh!!!. Look forward to listening to some of your music later. Good to meet you.Derek

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 am

Nov 11, 2009, 6:03am, hurowitz wrote:Nov 11, 2009, 5:33am, thesongcabinet wrote:I might have given you a wrong impression, Casey. The songs I have on my website are publisher demos, produced in Nashville, not my own productions. I cowrote the lyrics, and did the music for those.So, Im also riding under the wings of others for now. Im non-performing too, in the sense that I don't play gig's (and don't produce the demo's I aim to send to Nashville).I'm just like you-- I depend on the demo folks for a lot... But you DID co-write the songs and the sound quality on the demos is very good! That's all that matters! CaseyThanks for that nice review, Casey! I consider running them through Ozone one of these days, though Im on the learners with my own production stuff, but I won't shy from posting some in the peer to peer in due time.
Ceo of my own life

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:48 am

Nov 11, 2009, 7:31am, llama wrote:Hey Magne,Welcome to the forum. I like the idea of starting the thread with a poll heh heh!!!. Look forward to listening to some of your music later. Good to meet you.DerekThanks Derek!Well, I just wanted to try out the various options. I like a poll from time to time, sometimes thats all you need for a general opinion, you know.Love your website, simple and to the point. I could learn something there. You seem to play with such a great discipline! I love a piece like "To sleep and dream no more"! Do you always write for specific projects or listings, or do you sometimes just follow an idea through, to build your portfolio?
Ceo of my own life

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:55 am

Does anybody know how to upload a pic, like you have above the quotes?Not that I wanna look exactly like you, and I hate to show my face, but sometimes it's good to see the realism of how ugly we really are when we communicate
Ceo of my own life

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:37 am

Image posting is easy once your pics are hosted somewhere on the Web-you go to a site like http://photobucket.com, sign up for a free account, follow their instructions to upload images from your hard drive, camera or phone, then get a URL for each hosted file you wish to post. (usually this will start with "http://" and end in ".jpg") Once you have the URL, you simply copy it to your clipboard (ctrl+C on the PC) and paste it into your post where you want the picture to go, between BBCode "tags" that look like this: [ I M G ] and this: [ / I M G ] only without any spaces. Alternatively, you can paste in the URL, highlight it by click-dragging with the mouse, then clicking the little button with the picture of a landscape on it. (fourth from the left in the bottom row of buttons, where it says, "add tags") This won't work with "Quick Reply", you need to be typing in a field with a row of smilies above it. Anytime you want to know how a Bulletin Board post was made, you can click the "Quote" button in the upper right-hand corner of any post; you have to be logged in to see the quote button-then you can see the code that was used to do stuff like this:Whoah! How cool is this?or this:

GA_googleFillSlot("336x280_ROS");
HTH, CHEERS!
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:46 am

Nov 11, 2009, 10:37am, mojobone wrote:Image posting is easy once your pics are hosted somewhere on the Web-you go to a site like http://photobucket.com, sign up for a free account, follow their instructions to upload images from your hard drive, camera or phone, then get a URL for each hosted file you wish to post. (usually this will start with "http://" and end in ".jpg") Once you have the URL, you simply copy it to your clipboard (ctrl+C on the PC) and paste it into your post where you want the picture to go, between BBCode "tags" that look like this: [ I M G ] and this: [ / I M G ] only without any spaces. Alternatively, you can paste in the URL, highlight it by click-dragging with the mouse, then clicking the little button with the picture of a landscape on it. (fourth from the left in the bottom row of buttons, where it says, "add tags") This won't work with "Quick Reply", you need to be typing in a field with a row of smilies above it. Anytime you want to know how a Bulletin Board post was made, you can click the "Quote" button in the upper right-hand corner of any post; you have to be loggrd in to see the quote button-then you can see the code that was used to do stuff like this:Whoah! How cool is this?or this:

GA_googleFillSlot("336x280_2_ROS");
HTH, CHEERS![/quote]Got it, Mojo! Big thanks!
Ceo of my own life

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Nov 11, 2009, 7:48am, thesongcabinet wrote:Nov 11, 2009, 7:31am, llama wrote:Hey Magne,Welcome to the forum. I like the idea of starting the thread with a poll heh heh!!!. Look forward to listening to some of your music later. Good to meet you.DerekThanks Derek!Well, I just wanted to try out the various options. I like a poll from time to time, sometimes thats all you need for a general opinion, you know.Love your website, simple and to the point. I could learn something there. You seem to play with such a great discipline! I love a piece like "To sleep and dream no more"! Do you always write for specific projects or listings, or do you sometimes just follow an idea through, to build your portfolio?Thanks for the compliments Magne. Yea....it is a simple website... My wife made the photos and I just put together the site in a few hours. I just wanted some place where I could direct people to hear my tracks. Glad you liked "to sleep and dream no more" That was written for a stage production. These days I'm writing for different libraries so almost all my music tracks go to them. But I still have a lot of choice as to what I write in that I choice what genre to write in. I'm also working with another Taxi forum member putting songs together for a CD. So busy times at the moment composing and recording....Derek

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by elser » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Nov 11, 2009, 3:48am, thesongcabinet wrote:Nov 10, 2009, 6:56pm, fretnoise wrote:Hi Magne, welcome to the Taxi forums. Seems to me you have the right attitude to insure success in your musical endeavors. Good luck! You might find the Peer to Peer section helpful.Cheers, ElserThanks Jon! Well attitude is easy, talent is a different beast. You've certainly got some great stuff to present you. I think your film cues are nothing but brilliant! That's WOW stuff man!(loved your arsenal of guitars too )I'll check out the peer to peerWow, thanks! Attitude is not so easy for all of us, but if it is for you, take that blessing and run with it. I'll be checking out your music soon.