Hello! Newbie here. :)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

VickiLogan

Hello! Newbie here. :)

Post by VickiLogan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:52 am

Good morning everyone! (Or afternoon/evening if you're not in the eastern time zone!)

My name is Vicki Logan and I am an instrumental composer. I write cinematic, electronic instrumentals and, right now, a lot of my work is focusing on Native American flute melodies. I've been doing quite well as an independent musician, but, with Covid running rampant, a lot of my socializing has been eliminated. I've joined TAXI as a way to start making new relationships and, hopefully, place a song or two. So far, I'm not holding my breath on that as I'm not seeing much in the postings for the type of thing I do. BUT, we'll give it a try and see what happens.

Since there is no "member" listing on the TAXI website, I'm hoping that I might find people with their profile links here so that I can get a chance to hear everyone's music and to contact people that might like to collaborate. I hope that anyone interested in the same might contact me as well. When you hear the music, it's generally all me. I do hire drummers/percussionists and other musicians on occasion to enhance and perform parts I just cannot do myself and to help get more of that "human" feeling in various songs. I've also lent my talents to others too.

Anyhow, my website is www.vickilogan.com and my TAXI profile is https://www.taxi.com/members/vickilogan. If you decide to check either out to hear the music, I hope you enjoy!!

Good luck everyone new, congrats to those doing awesome things, and I'm looking forward to meeting new folks and learning new stuff!

THANKS FOR READING! :D :D :D

RobertElse
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hello! Newbie here. :)

Post by RobertElse » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:01 am

Welcome Vicki! You're gonna love TAXI! The support and collaboration is unbeatable and of great value. The more you participate, the more comes back to you.

I like your tracks and they sound very placeable (that should be a word if it's not) for the right listing.

Question about the Native American flute on "The Eighth Fire"... is that played live, or from a sample library (which one)? Looking at your photo now, it looks like you are playing it live - just curious.

Best wishes,
Robert

YoungManTerrell
Active
Active

Post by YoungManTerrell » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:19 pm

Hey there,

I honestly hope all is well, and you feel welcomed. Know that you are. You have amazing and well placed arrangements, very well put together atmospheres. I am sure somewhere there are documentaries seeking syncs, up your alley Ma’am. This business provides not many guarantees, promises are useless and disruptive. Though, I believe you Ma’am have much potential to be placed on various projects. Not my call. At the moment at least, maybe so in the future. I’ve enjoyed listening. Take care, Ma’am.

- Terrell Beckless Jr

VickiLogan

Post by VickiLogan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:42 am

"Question about the Native American flute on "The Eighth Fire"... is that played live, or from a sample library (which one)? Looking at your photo now, it looks like you are playing it live - just curious."

Hi, Robert and thanks for listening! I appreciate it and your feedback. :)

I'm really looking forward to meeting people and getting inspiration here as well as learning a lot!

I play all the Native American flutes live. I also play concert flutes. Generally I record them in a studio or outside, but, with covid, I've been learning to do most of the recording out of my home...and outside! lol I also play the piano/keyboards and synths. I can play, although not very well, sax and clarinet. I also play by ear; I don't read music, although I can read a tad bit of treble clef as long as it's one note...like for a flute part. It takes me some time to figure everything out, but eventually I can get there. Much faster listening to a part and learning it vs trying to read the music although the music IS very helpful sometimes...especially if it's really complicated. Sometimes I don't hear everything quite right. :)

VickiLogan

Post by VickiLogan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:48 am

Hi,Terrell!

Thank you so much for asking and yes, all is well here. Hope all is well with you too!

Thank you for listening and I truly appreciate your feedback.

I'm looking forward to participating in the group, making some great connections, friends and learning a ton! :)

VickiLogan

Post by VickiLogan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:23 pm

Thanks Tom! I did see that. I looked at Narada in the past, but they didn't feel I was a fit for them. I may check it out again. I've changed and grown quite a lot since then. :)