Hello Taxi Riders. I need FANS BAD.

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Hello Taxi Riders. I need FANS BAD.

Post by jaxsn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:31 am

Oh Lord, What have I've done. please forgive me.L.O.LSeriously, I will reply on a deeper level on my responses.I honestly thank you all for giving me something to think about.but you still have not became fans of mine (hee, hee)as far as the many audio clips on one page...My intention was to allow a person with hi speed INTERNET connectionto wait (about less than 2 minutes) then have instant downloads of the songswithout have to download each song one at a time. (i think that is annoying)This may be better: http://www.taxi.com/jaxsnThanks for the replyBTW: I just did a remix of a gospel song "swing low" but made it contemporarythat would really need feedback.talk to you soon

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:45 pm

Quote:Oh Lord, What have I've done. please forgive me.L.O.LSeriously, I will reply on a deeper level on my responses.I honestly thank you all for giving me something to think about.but you still have not became fans of mine (hee, hee)as far as the many audio clips on one page...My intention was to allow a person with hi speed INTERNET connectionto wait (about less than 2 minutes) then have instant downloads of the songswithout have to download each song one at a time. (i think that is annoying)This may be better: http://www.taxi.com/jaxsnThanks for the replyBTW: I just did a remix of a gospel song "swing low" but made it contemporarythat would really need feedback.talk to you soonYou've taken a great melody and ruined it and the arrangement is dire.The only resemblence to the song is the title.I don't think you should mess with a classic unless you can equal or better it.Sorry!

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:46 pm

johnnydean1? just read your post.thanks for the feedback. but i really feel you need to get out the closet andunderstand there are many flavors in music for people who will buy it.Being that I've sold many songs and do this full time without partners (meaning my talent pays my bills), I'll pass on your advice.but I would love to hear your work, and vocal arrangement and range.it's sad you have no links. share your talent, son.I always say, if someone has something negative to say, that same someone must show a solution to be credible, or that person opinion is worthless.thanksjaxsn

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:33 pm

BTW: I just did a remix of a gospel song "swing low" but made it contemporary -- that would really need feedback.Hi Jaxsn... interesting take on an old Gospel tune. I find the vocals a little too far back in the mix. Your vocals have a lovely warmth, so much so I'd love to hear you do a real jazz version of this. I think if you are going to do a contemporary take on it, the vocals should be edgier, particularly the speaking part, which needs to be more rap. I've listened to it a couple of times... and what I'm feeling is a sense that you need to decide what you are doing - an atmospheric almost sinister version... a rap version... or a sweet jazz. I could be totally wrong, but I hear bits of each of these -- perhaps you are experimenting, and if so, I applaude the exercise, as I feel creativity means trying things out and adding/subtracting ingredients until the sound fits what you imagine. Watch the vowel quality on "low" as sometimes it gets kinda tight and kinda eerie-sounding compared to the texture of the voice in other parts. Harmonies are nice.Just my two cents,cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Quote:as far as the many audio clips on one page...My intention was to allow a person with hi speed INTERNET connectionto wait (about less than 2 minutes) then have instant downloads of the songswithout have to download each song one at a time. (i think that is annoying)jaxsn-It's a good concept, but in practice I don't think many people are willing to wait around that long for a page to load. I didn't. My $.02,André
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:06 pm

Quote:johnnydean1? just read your post.thanks for the feedback. but i really feel you need to get out the closet andunderstand there are many flavors in music for people who will buy it.Being that I've sold many songs and do this full time without partners (meaning my talent pays my bills), I'll pass on your advice.but I would love to hear your work, and vocal arrangement and range.it's sad you have no links. share your talent, son.I always say, if someone has something negative to say, that same someone must show a solution to be credible, or that person opinion is worthless.thanksjaxsnSorry jaxsn,I thought you asked for feedback not the listener's musical credentials.If you get a deal on this version of Swing Low I will be the first to apologize but I can say that in confidence knowing it won't happen.Referring to your last paragraph so as not to render my opinion worthless here's my advice.Trash it!

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Hummingbird,thanks for the advice. it was a quick Idea trying to find a different approach to the song. I was going for the atmospheric trance mood with a touch of hip hop.I thought the vox were seated fine, i did not want them to be over bearing.the vox style almost smooth like a sam cooke style in the year 2007.never intended it to be Jazz.---------------------------------------------To other readers:this song is so old and a great classic, it's hard for many to accept a different version.this was a listing on the taxi dispatch, this is why I decided to do this remix. I'd like to hear other versions from taxi members.please send links to your versions

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:22 pm

johnnydean1OK, I'll consider trashing it. you may be right.it may not be good at all.credentials? I was not asking for any. I just wanted to hear your work to see what your musical taste was like or your creative level.I'm not bashing you, I'm just learning that we all have many talents and ways ofshowing them. I figure if you are on Taxi, you must have music you have writtenright? I may be wrong.

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dgolding » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 pm

If I might drag the focus back to the Swing Low mix for a moment, I have to say that despite the fact that this genre really isn't my cup of tea at all, I kinda liked it. It's certainly different, and some of the unexpected touches make it interesting.As for some of the harsh critisism of it, I have to say that while constructive critisism is almost always welcomed, if not essential, simply trashing someone's work seems a tad rude to me.
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Quote:If I might drag the focus back to the Swing Low mix for a moment, I have to say that despite the fact that this genre really isn't my cup of tea at all, I kinda liked it. It's certainly different, and some of the unexpected touches make it interesting.As for some of the harsh critisism of it, I have to say that while constructive critisism is almost always welcomed, if not essential, simply trashing someone's work seems a tad rude to me. It is definitely different & creative. I don't think it's complete yet, but I think has some interesting elements. It wouldn't fit the recent listing (they wanted traditional), but keep playing with it, jaxsn.please send links to your versions(As per my other thread)... my take on it is postedSwing Low Sweet Chariot http://www.taxi.com/vikkiflawith(the 2nd version is raw vocal only for comparison)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website