Help help!

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shawnstonesifer

Help help!

Post by shawnstonesifer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:22 am

So I have uploaded my first listing hopeful to broadjam, waited the 16 hours for it to upload, and it sounds terrible playing from their site! I'm sure this will make me cranky the first 2 times and then I'll be the wiser like everyone else.What's going on there? The same file sounds pretty good playing from my computer.Maybe it has to do with the sample rate I used for the project files (everything is 48000, no 44100s), though if that's related to the problem, I don't know how I can fix it. I hope someone has some comfort for me regarding this. I'm a high strung newbie with 4 days to get my listing in before my first deadline.Just search broadjam for shawn stonesifer and you'll find it.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Help help!

Post by edteja » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:25 am

Shawn it sounds okay to me--of course I don't hear your original. What bandwidth are you listening to it with? I am on DSL.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

shawnstonesifer

Post by shawnstonesifer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:28 am

Okay that was totally it. Fortunately, I don't mind looking a little foolish.You know, I've never used smilies before this message board, but the row of smiley's above my little message box here is pretty inviting. or describes me most of the time I think. Yep. That second one looks like me. Thanks a lot. I feel better.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:25 pm

Most of the time I should use , but that NEVER looks like me.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin