HELP!! MacBook/Sound Library/ 4TB storage issues

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

HELP!! MacBook/Sound Library/ 4TB storage issues

Post by swdaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi guys having issues. I use a MacBook Pro when I purchased SD3 I quickly realize I needed more storage so I got a 4TB drive and loaded the libraries there. I also moved over Logic libraries. Everything was working great until I had an issue with a swollen battery and had to ship the laptop out for service.

It came back perfectly but when I opened Logic it downloaded new libraries. Today SD3 said it needed to download libraries so when I checked the 4TB drive it's empty, none of the stuff I loaded on it is still there. The libraries, Logic tunes are on separate drives all good.

Now when try to install the libraries on the 4TB I get this error message

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “Toontrack” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

I get the same message if I try to move the Toontrack folder to the 4TB.

Anyone got a way out of this mess? I just want to make music.

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

Re: HELP!! MacBook/Sound Library/ 4TB storage issues

Post by swdaze » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:56 am

Solved after a bout with the spinning wheel of death. Did a force quit turned everything off and restarted. Magically almost everything returned except fo one SD3 drum track but I reverted to an older version and that was there too. So the only thing lost was a little editing.

Think the issue was I had tried to put the SD3 program on the 4TB to save space. When it did an update it was looking for it on my main drive and became confused(?). Anyway seems to be good now (fingers crossed) and things are back to normal.

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole