Hi guys, I'm tired.............

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lopc
Impressive
Impressive

Hi guys, I'm tired.............

Post by lopc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi guys, I'm tired. Tired of trying to keep looking ahead and penning the new stuff while ignoring the old. I can't ignore the old. I seem to spend more time and energy attempting to rewrite the ones that came before (that I am sure have a chance at greatness) than moving on to create new work with the knowledge I've gained recently. I can't turn my back on the previous works that, at the time, gave me strength to continue. Maybe because I set the high bar path and I refuse to settle for less, maybe because I'm just stubborn that way. Don't know. Don't really care. I have a day job and don't have to rely on any songwriting talent I may possess to get me through. Doesn't make me any less than one of you. Doesn't make me any more than one of you. Just makes me tired sometimes. Tired because this is what I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember. Oh well, life's a bitch when you let your youthful dreams slip away.What's the point? Point is, I'm tired of slicing up previous works to make them be all they can be. Some songs you write you just can't seem to take the knife to, and it would be an injustice to let them fade into obscurity. Toward that end, I need you guys to wield the blade and chop one up for me. I need a minute and change to go away, and still maintain the integrity of the work.Any of you that can pull it off and still make me love it, you get 50% cowrite collaboration rights. The song is a duet "BLAME IT ON THE MOONLIGHT" and the link follows. http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.asp?epk_id=99671