Hi, I'm a newbie...kinda

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Hi, I'm a newbie...kinda

Post by DBarnett » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi, my name is Dave, I'm from Leavenworth, KS. (Kansas City area)
I'm from the 60's and 70's era so I do Blues Rock, Southern Rock and Country Rock - instrumentals mainly.
Hopefully there's still a need for that kind of music. I've made it a goal to update my approach and technique to modernize what's in my soul, thinking that will help get some forwards/placements.
I'm going to my first Road Rally this November and I hope to make some new friends there.
Another goal is to connect here on the forum. If I can help others out I'd be glad to do whatever I can.
I have a dedicated home studio, guitar is my main instrument, harmonica, bass, a little banjo, and of course midi stuff that I'm working to get better at.
I was a Taxi member 10 years ago and got a forward/contract with a music library. I didn't understand how important it would be in the future to stay with it.
Regretfully I let that relationship fade.
My advise is don't do that, starting over is like you never had anything to begin with. I've got a few credits that are dated but, I still claim them lol
That's my introduction and I hope I can contribute to the group.
Any advise on what direction to go with my old school brain would be very much appreciated!
Thanks for taking the time read and respond and I look forward to meeting you at the Rally 2019!

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hi, I'm a newbie...kinda

Post by jdkotaska » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Welcome back! It sounds like you're willing to do what it takes to modernize your sound to provide the right fit for the listings, so you'll probably do just fine. I see listings in those genres fairly often. Good luck!

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hi, I'm a newbie...kinda

Post by DBarnett » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Thanks Dean! Much appreciated