Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

High-Level Schedule

Post by BradGray » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:48 am

Hey Passengers!

I've never been to the RR in the past, and just wanted to understand the actual start/end of the conference. It's listed as November 2nd–5th.

Questions:
1) I see that registration is Thursday evening; does the conference start that night?
2) What time does the conference end on the 5th? I.E. 1/2 day, full day, etc.

*Just looking to coordinate both travel and hotel in/out that weekend to line up with the conference.

Thanks!
B

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Re: High-Level Schedule

Post by BradGray » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Perhaps I should rephrase my question:

Do I need to come in on Wednesday, and leave Monday, as so I don't miss any part of the conference?

Not looking for the specific schedule, just the typical times it begins and ends. =)

Thanks!
B

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:51 am

BradGray wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:13 pm
Perhaps I should rephrase my question:

Do I need to come in on Wednesday, and leave Monday, as so I don't miss any part of the conference?

Not looking for the specific schedule, just the typical times it begins and ends. =)

Thanks!
B
The 2nd of November will be devoted to registration only, the Rally officially starts the next day, the 3rd and ends the evening of the 6th
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:23 pm

Registration line starts mid morning Thu, maybe earlier, last year, I got in line about 10am and wish I had packed a lunch. So getting in on Wed would be a good idea if you want your choice of mentor to talk to. I'll let others chime in about what other benefits there are to getting there early.

I always try to stay a day later(Mon) so I don't have to deal with luggage etc...

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradGray » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:20 am

Thanks for the replies.

What time on the 6th does it typically end? It turns out I may have to fly from this conference to another for work on Sunday night. =)

With regards to Thursday, is it more than just registration is open? It sounds like mentoring starts that day, but perhaps I'm misinterpreting it.

Thanks,
Brad

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:29 am

BradGray wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:20 am
Thanks for the replies.

What time on the 6th does it typically end? It turns out I may have to fly from this conference to another for work on Sunday night. =)

With regards to Thursday, is it more than just registration is open? It sounds like mentoring starts that day, but perhaps I'm misinterpreting it.

Thanks,
Brad
Registration goes on until the evening hours, but it continues over the next days, as well.

The Rally officially starts on Friday, classes/panels/mentoring sessions/luncheons follow suit.

Thursday is great to meet new people whilst waiting in line to be registered and then hang out in the lobby afterwards:)
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

TAXIDeb

Post by TAXIDeb » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:05 pm

Most people fly in Thursday morning/afternoon so they can register Thursday evening (which general starts around 4:00, but could start earlier).People do line up starting in the morning.

Once registered you can choose your One-to-One mentor -( highly suggested to review the material before hand and make your first, second and third chose - the mentors go fast).

Thursday evening has lots going on as far as socializing, visiting sponsor tables and informal networking.
Opening panel start early Friday morning so best to arrive Thursday.

As far as the end. The last panel - which is sooo much fun and worth the stay - ends Sunday around 6:30 p.m., so best to fly out a couple hours later later or the next morning.

You can see all the details from last year by clicking on this link: https://www.taxi.com/taxi-road-rally/ , then opening the PDF "Schedule of Events"
Though that is last year's program, the seheduling stays about the same each year.

The free shuttle from the hotel to the airport is about 5-10 minutes, (depending on traffic and which terminal), and the arrive to the hotel around pretty frequently.

Hope that helps!

Any further questions - always call the TAXI Staff at 818.222.2464 - they're happy to answer any your questions! M-F, 9-6, PT.