Hip Hop Forward 3 out of 3

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

drkrugenstein

Hip Hop Forward 3 out of 3

Post by drkrugenstein » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:22 am

I recently joined Taxi. I just wanted to let everyone know that I had 3 out of 3 on my First forward. Here's the listing. Next step, patience.....HIP HOP BEATS/INSTRUMENTALS a la Just Blaze, J-Dilla, Madlib, Alchemist, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, etc. are wanted by an LA-based Production/Mgmt. Co. that has worked with the likes of De La Soul, Ghostface Killah, Slick Rick, KRS-1, and Talib Kwelli (among others) to shop to established major and indie Rap artists. They're focusing on tracks that would be more in-line with underground artists, but are open to very commercail-sounding beats as well. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include BIO (no phot needed). All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than March 19, 2007. TAXI # S070319HH

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hip Hop Forward 3 out of 3

Post by davewalton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:16 am

Quote:I recently joined Taxi. I just wanted to let everyone know that I had 3 out of 3 on my First forward. Here's the listing. Next step, patience.....HIP HOP BEATS/INSTRUMENTALS a la Just Blaze, J-Dilla, Madlib, Alchemist, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, etc. are wanted by an LA-based Production/Mgmt. Co. that has worked with the likes of De La Soul, Ghostface Killah, Slick Rick, KRS-1, and Talib Kwelli (among others) to shop to established major and indie Rap artists. They're focusing on tracks that would be more in-line with underground artists, but are open to very commercail-sounding beats as well. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include BIO (no phot needed). All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than March 19, 2007. TAXI # S070319HH That's pretty cool. Any chance you'd post a link to the tracks or a track? I don't do this type of music but I've always wondered about what gets submitted and forwarded for this style.Congrats!Dave

drkrugenstein

Post by drkrugenstein » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:37 am

www.broadjam.com/krugenstein#1 WHO?-Instrumental #2 SPIT!!-Instrumental#3 Heros's -Instrumental

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:23 am

CONGRATS! Casey

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:42 am

Quote:www.broadjam.com/krugenstein#1 WHO?-Instrumental #2 SPIT!!-Instrumental#3 Heros's -InstrumentalHmmm... I noticed Who's on first... (do you guys really want me to get started down this path? Probably not... )Ok, back to reality. I liked Who a lot and I've seen things in other places that tell me that the Hip-Hop/ethnic instruments combo is something that has a lot of appeal in general. It appealed to me. Good work...Dave

drkrugenstein

Post by drkrugenstein » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:01 am

Thanks, Dave.