Hip-hop forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Hip-hop forwards

Post by slideboardouts » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:10 pm

I submitted 3 hip hop instrumentals and all 3 were forwarded with good reviews from the screener to this listing:"Great, current-sounding HIP HOP INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) in all styles are needed by an established Music Publisher that has worked with TAXI for years. They exclusively supply songs/tracks to numerous Cable TV shows - mostly cooking and travel shows - and need more Hip Hop tracks to meet their clients' needs. All tempos are OK and great performances are essential. This company offers exclusive deals. No unclearable samples, please. If forwarded for D070627HH, please don't submit the same material. Your songs must be Broadcast Quality (excellent sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Nov. 20, 2007. TAXI # S071120HH"I was totally stoked when I found out that ALL 3 were forwarded. So far I've submitted a total of 5 hip-hop instrumentals and 4 have been forwarded Haven't had as much success with the other genres lol...but no complaints here.-Steve

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hip-hop forwards

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:52 pm

Quote:I submitted 3 hip hop instrumentals and all 3 were forwarded with good reviews from the screener to this listing:"Great, current-sounding HIP HOP INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) in all styles are needed by an established Music Publisher that has worked with TAXI for years. They exclusively supply songs/tracks to numerous Cable TV shows - mostly cooking and travel shows - and need more Hip Hop tracks to meet their clients' needs. All tempos are OK and great performances are essential. This company offers exclusive deals. No unclearable samples, please. If forwarded for D070627HH, please don't submit the same material. Your songs must be Broadcast Quality (excellent sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Nov. 20, 2007. TAXI # S071120HH"I was totally stoked when I found out that ALL 3 were forwarded. So far I've submitted a total of 5 hip-hop instrumentals and 4 have been forwarded Haven't had as much success with the other genres lol...but no complaints here.-SteveSteve, that is an amazingly high percentage. Big congrats, and keep up the hard work. It's bound to pay off in time.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

reggiesnd1
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by reggiesnd1 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Congrads!! I got 4 out of 6 fowarded to the same listing best of luck to ya!!!! www.myspace.com/feelitallprodutions
Just shut up and make some music. (Im talking to myself!!!)

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:19 pm

Hey Steve and Reggie,Congrats on the forwards!! You guys stand a good chance of getting deals happening. The cable shows love to use Hip-Hop instrumentals and they are almost always wall to wall music.Well done and best of luck at the next stage.I must have been asleep at the wheel and didn't get any of mine submitted to this listing!! I'll give ya a little friendly competition on the next one.Best,Cisco

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:14 am

Congrats Steve and Reggie!!!

reggiesnd1
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by reggiesnd1 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:12 am

ciskokidd and jh thank u...... ciskokidd a little friendly competition is welcomed
Just shut up and make some music. (Im talking to myself!!!)

prafitjosiah
Active
Active

Post by prafitjosiah » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:20 am

Post a link to your music, I'd love to hear it