Hip Hop Spaghetti! S220505SG

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Hip Hop Spaghetti! S220505SG

Post by pveniot » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:06 am

Hi all, can't find how to delete this post...
Last edited by pveniot on Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hip Hop Spaghetti! S220505SG

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:25 am

Sorry but I'm not hearing either Hip Hop or Morricone in this one.

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:04 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:25 am
Sorry you don't
Pierre

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:47 am

pveniot wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:04 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:25 am
Sorry you don't
Pierre
Ouch! Afraid I'm with cosmic on that one.
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:55 am

I'm gettin' more of a 'chill' vibe with this track.
I like a good sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on my spaghetti.
From The Peanut Gallery.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:51 pm

I agree with you there, Cosmic. Though, in defense of Pierre, the references on this listing left a LOT to be desired. I had a friend come over to my house to do one of these this weekend (I'll post it up in a few minutes so you all can hear), and we both listened to the refs and said, "I'm not getting ANY hint of spaghetti western from those."

So, this is a unique request, probably because there just isn't much of this style out there to use as references. Taxi did what they could, but there's probably not a lot of material in the world to draw from. But the listing text does state to think "Ennio Morricone mixed with hip hop beats", and I think that's the key..... Ennio Morricone and spaghetti western are synonymous, and I think that's gonna be either a deal closer or a deal killer.

FWIW, I've done a few full-length vocal songs in this style, and so have a bit of history with the genre. If you want to take a listen for inspiration, and what I think the sonic pallate should include, here are a few links. By no means am I a Taxi listing-writer, or have any clue what the listing company is truly looking for. But I do think these capture the Spaghetti Western sound in hip hop form. Maybe they'll help you hone in on the sound, Pierre.

https://soundcloud.com/vanderboegh/outl ... ohen-caino
https://soundcloud.com/vanderboegh/foun ... ut-desirae

~~Matt

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:09 pm

VanderBoegh wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:51 pm
I agree with you there, Cosmic. Though, in defense of Pierre, the references on this listing left a LOT to be desired. I had a friend come over to my house to do one of these this weekend (I'll post it up in a few minutes so you all can hear), and we both listened to the refs and said, "I'm not getting ANY hint of spaghetti western from those."

So, this is a unique request, probably because there just isn't much of this style out there to use as references. Taxi did what they could, but there's probably not a lot of material in the world to draw from. But the listing text does state to think "Ennio Morricone mixed with hip hop beats", and I think that's the key..... Ennio Morricone and spaghetti western are synonymous, and I think that's gonna be either a deal closer or a deal killer.

FWIW, I've done a few full-length vocal songs in this style, and so have a bit of history with the genre. If you want to take a listen for inspiration, and what I think the sonic pallate should include, here are a few links. By no means am I a Taxi listing-writer, or have any clue what the listing company is truly looking for. But I do think these capture the Spaghetti Western sound in hip hop form. Maybe they'll help you hone in on the sound, Pierre.

https://soundcloud.com/vanderboegh/outl ... ohen-caino
https://soundcloud.com/vanderboegh/foun ... ut-desirae

~~Matt
Thanks for the reply, But I tought that the harmonica was a Western spaghetti taste... plus the pads kind of remind me of ''Sean Sean'' . Vibrato twang guitar are not the only thing in Morriccone's music (but I may steal that idea!). Plus the beat was constructed with Addictive Drums '' Hip Hop pack'' Maybe I'll write them and say that some people in Taxi Forums think it is not Hip hop... Anyways that was my shot at it, i'll keep it for something else or not... Cheers
P.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:54 pm

Might as well submit it, Pierre. I mean, you've come this far with it, right? It's just $5, and either the screener will say "it's great!!" or echo some of the comments you've gotten here. Only one way to know for sure, and I'll cross my fingers that we're wrong and this one makes it through the goal posts for you! But don't shelve this for another opportunity, because, sadly this isn't a request that comes through very often. You might find yourself sitting on this one for years, wishing you'd have just spent $5 to know for sure whether or not you nailed it.

~~Matt

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:26 pm

VanderBoegh wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:54 pm
Might as well submit it, Pierre. I mean, you've come this far with it, right? It's just $5, and either the screener will say "it's great!!" or echo some of the comments you've gotten here. Only one way to know for sure, and I'll cross my fingers that we're wrong and this one makes it through the goal posts for you! But don't shelve this for another opportunity, because, sadly this isn't a request that comes through very often. You might find yourself sitting on this one for years, wishing you'd have just spent $5 to know for sure whether or not you nailed it.

~~Matt
Thanks Matt, sound advice (pun intended!). Will try to get closer to the ref. as for the Hip Hop part.
Pierre

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:49 am

Hi again,
My new pitch in this TAXI listing S220505SG
https://soundcloud.com/pierre-veniot/spag-rad-funk

(forget the other link)

Comments always appreciated if constructive...

Many thanks
Peace.

Pierre