Honest feedback requested - Music Video

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JNav
Active
Active

Honest feedback requested - Music Video

Post by JNav » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:43 am

Hey all,

this is the first music video shot for a new artist. Can you view and give some feedback. Thanks all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKG325wNb5s

- J
✌️ -J

Just a simple dude that loves to make music!
If you want to collaborate send me a message

www.instagram.com/mixfreq
www.soundcloud.com/jnav24

thelostwoods
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Honest feedback requested - Music Video

Post by thelostwoods » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi! The video is very well done! Great job! Which program did you use?

One thing that didn't feel quite right was the singer strumming away on the acoustic while an electric guitar was forefront in the track.

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 pm

thelostwoods wrote:One thing that didn't feel quite right was the singer strumming away on the acoustic while an electric guitar was forefront in the track.
I agree

I was getting seasick, the images were coming and going so fast. For example I didn't even get to read the name before it disappeared. The image quality was terrific. It felt less like a video and more like a slide show with the carousel spinning out of control,lol! Too many scenes for a short video, imo. For example, if the kids came in and out of the scene instead of cutting away to a different scene to show them. Just my 2 cents.
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

JNav
Active
Active

Post by JNav » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Thank u @thelostwoods. Final Cut Pro X was used to edit. I agree to ur comment regarding the visual conflict with the gtr sound but hey what can u do when there is no band scenes. To me it would have looked a lot more out of whack to have him playing an electric gtr by himself. It was a (literally) last minute shoot and we did what we could with little to no budget and planning beyond the storyboard I created. Plus at the time the artist had no band which would have been better IMO for the hook scenes. But it all worked out, cant wait to do another one!

Thanks again for the feedback

- J
✌️ -J

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:44 pm

I picked up on the same thought about the acoustic guitar. It seemed like a Country song should have been playing (between the guitar and his overall look). Not to beat a dead horse, but I tend to think that an electric would not have looked out of place. The sync during the strumming parts could have been better also. However, I did like the overall feel of the video and I wasn't overly disoriented or anything even as the images changed a lot. Seems like a lot of videos do that. Video resolution quality seemed good also.

Bob P.

thelostwoods
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by thelostwoods » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey, J.

Final Cut Pro X is the program we have. We nearly took a hammer to our computer a few times, but after we got the multicam setup, it was a dream. We've done just one video as well and are excited to do more. How did you setup your storyboard? I want to do that for our next video.

Especially considering the circumstances, you did an amazing job! I see a bright future for you!

Best of luck and be sure to post your next video!

Cheers,

Jenny

JNav
Active
Active

Post by JNav » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Thank u Bob P for the input, all noted for consideration next time!

Jenny: that is funny. I too have many an hour wished to slam my Mac on the ground only to find that it's most of the time just me wanting results quicker than I can pound them out. I personally love FCPX and yes as with everything it gets easier the more u use it. I do appreciate the comments, I am finding a new love with this video making. As far as storyboards, at first I started just sketching it all out on paper then got a couple of apps for my iPad and together they worked out great. (Storyboard 3d and storyboard hd) one is a bit pricey for an app but it worked in a pinch can't wait to spend some real time building next time.

Thx again
- J
✌️ -J