We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Horror trailer - due Tuesday

Post by Pvgeldrop » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:45 am

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback on this track, second trailer track written in my life (and it was a lot of fun to do!). The listing's deadline is Tuesday, so any feedback is appreciated!

The listing

---------------------------------

Lots of Orchestral HORROR/SUSPENSE TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing company that gets a bunch of placements in Trailers and TV Promos.

This company is on the lookout for a bunch of Trailer-Style Orchestral or Hybrid Orchestral Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

The Fall of the House of Usher Trailer

The Dropout Trailer

The Veil Trailer

Quoting the Client: "Must be tense and atmospheric and designed to create a sense of fear or anticipation. 3-Act Structures are required."

Please submit original Trailer-Style Orchestral or Hybrid Orchestral Instrumentals that create a progressively unsettling sound and vibe. Tense motifs, and three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo are both must haves for this pitch. Please craft your pieces around one central motif to create dynamics, interest, and forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as the pieces progress. Orchestral instrumentation that's in the general wheelhouse of the references will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic sounding.

Submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 Deal. You’ll get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s Share. You’ll keep 100% of the original Copyright and Master Recordings. You must own or control the Masters and Copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. Time-permitting, someone from the Music Library may screen some or all of the submissions. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, January 30th, 2024. TAXI Dispatch # D240130NU

--------------------------

And here is my track: No Sleep For The Wicked

As I said, it's the second trailer track I've ever written, and I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Horror trailer - due Tuesday

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:48 am

Hey Paul -- great job on this piece, especially since it's the second you've done! I think it sounds great and you're definitely on track with the brief. Good luck with this!

themarkalanproject
Active
Active

Post by themarkalanproject » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:30 pm

Damn this is absolutely great man! I'd be surprised if not forwarded imo. I also submitted for this. If you are curious what I did for submission check it out here.

https://www.taxi.com/members/Er9Iix4ATp ... f-hysteria
- the mark alan project

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:52 am

Thanks Douglas and Mark for the kind words!

Like your track, Mark, best of luck with it, hope it gets forwarded!

themarkalanproject
Active
Active

Post by themarkalanproject » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:36 pm

Returned :( Too much reverb. Listening again I have to agree should’ve turned it down a bit.Lesson learned, Move on to the next!
- the mark alan project

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:34 am

Mine got returned as well, not enough trailer elements, and could use some more modern elements. Disappointed a bit, but at least I can make some changes with that feedback.