How about a Glossary of Terms.

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: How about a Glossary of Terms.

Post by jeffe » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:42 am

Quote:I would think that that's the meaning... good looking,... but the artists mentioned are not necessarily the kind you'd call handsome... most in their 30's.... dressed liked slobs... we'd have to ask chits and hummer if they qualify as hunks or not.... actually kinda homely looking dudes... and not in rcokstar shape ..... perhaps the commercial accessibility means that the vocals are not so unique and distinctive that ? what the heck would make it non-commercial?? like a Michael Bolton..too good... or mass appeal.... ?? You're right..... we need a glossary....ArkJackI did consider it might refer to the vocals, but the vocals are mentioned separately in the listing.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:28 am

Quote:I just for the life of me can't understand why they wouldn't just love me to death...... I got all that and more... good with the ladies.... keep in decent shape... (after tax season I gotta look my best on the beach...) singing voice is unique.... a little dylanesque .. but then who isn't? and great songwriting talent melodic sensibility.... I just can't figure it out..... I think I'll submit.... its a sure thing.... anyone want to buy an accounting practice??? YouKnowWhoWhen I said, "the whole package", I didn't mean bundles of IRS forms...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:01 am

Quote:Oh what the hell. I've put some forward for it. I'll let you know when I get my rejections and a brief overview of what they say.I just realised something on the Taxi music submission. I was submitting songs and thought that photo/bio were automatically included, but you have to click on an option to include them.Others may already know this, but I thought it wasn't made clear. There should be a note above the box saying something like "Select compositions/photo/bio".JeffeAre you really submitting for this? I checked out your bio and some tunes on taximusic. If you are doing it for fun and don't mind wasting the $5 a pop, that's your call. I am not writing this to be mean in any way. Your bio and your music are miles away from what this listing is asking for. You describe yourself as much more of a studio person than a performer, even saying that your guitar skills aren't that great. The music isn't anything like the artists mentioned and your vocals are not at the pro level.This is a lead for someone to be put out their as a potential star. Your submission would be like some of the early American Idol tryouts.Once again, I am not writing this to be mean and I am not implying that there is anything great in my own work. You have some talent and like many of us, if honed in the right direction, could get you one form or another of success one day. But I hope you won't complain when you get the non-forwards.One STRONG suggestion... Re-write your bio. It is honest and from the heart but you need to focus less on the negatives and accentuate the positives. It is you resume! For example, this doesn't help you: "...and 4 years ago I picked up a couple of guitars, and started to learn. I have to say that my capabilities are rhythm at best, but the wonder of computers came to my rescue..." Same with: "My achievements so far, though small..." and the whole last paragraph about OCD, your "production skills are improving" and the collaborations not working out. Would you apply for a job with a resume like this? I would be happy to help you re-write your bio- just ask... that's what's great about this forum. We all can help each other.Cheers CaseyP.S. Here is a useful link to an article about writing bios: http://www.taxi.com/members/bios.html

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:24 am

Thanks Casey. I'll go check it out
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

mikehelms
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikehelms » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:02 am

This is why I already Love Taxi... and I han'nt even submitted anything yet...I'm sitting here reading these replies LOL... You guy's are some cards... but at the same time Constructive and Helpful... Awesome!!!! Thank for the laughs nad the Info..Michael