How do I do a targeted submission ?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

treedaddy

How do I do a targeted submission ?

Post by treedaddy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:49 am

Hi -At the Rally it was suggested that we submit a song to Hallmark for one of their upcoming seasonal commercials. I have been surfing the web to try and find out who their ad agency is but no luck. Then I assume I need to figure out who the music buyer is ? Can anyone help me with next steps please ?Thanks,Allison

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: How do I do a targeted submission ?

Post by llama » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:20 am

Hey Allison,Things are not always so simple. Take a look at this article on Hallmark's search for an ad agency.http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... E948260I'd suggest googling the companies mentioned to find out names of relevant people or just call the company's number and ask for the information. They may not be interested in dealing directly with a composer and may have channels already open but you never know and maybe you can work your way down the line to find out who you need to convince. It's for sure worth a shot....probably in time for next year's Christmas season.' course, there's nothing stopping you from submitting your Hallmark targeted pieces to the music libraries and Taxi listings too....Good Luck..Derek