how long?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davidharrell
Active
Active

how long?

Post by davidharrell » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:06 am

I submitted a track for my first Dispatch listing this week and got a forward. (For an indie film, they're looking to replace a song.)While I know there's no set answer, I'd love to hear from some folks who have signed Dispatch deals for film music about how long it took to hear back, actually sign a contract, etc.Given that it was done through Dispatch, does that mean the client is looking to wrap things up quickly?thanks,David

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: how long?

Post by gitarrero » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:13 am

hi david,it might be that there are faster results from dispatch listing in general because the listing party is under pressure with finding the needed material.BUT: there are so many factor involved in a decision which song will make it (...or maybe the supervisor changes his/her mind about which style to pick... or the director, or or or).so I'd just move on and do the next song - and if you're doing a good job, act professional and keep submitting material, success will find it's way to you.late friday pitching-philosophy while nipping on a glass of baleys...;)cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments