How many tracks can be submitted?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stebrennan74

How many tracks can be submitted?

Post by stebrennan74 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:27 am

Hi, apologies if this issue has been addressed many times but I'm wondering if anyone knows how many tracks can be submitted to a listing like this - NEW LISTING -- A wide range of BLUES INSTRUMENTALS [no vocals] from Robert Johnson to Eric Clapton to Bonnie Raitt, etc. are needed by a new U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Co. run by two British Music Industry pros. As writers/musicians, they have worked with artists such as Avril Lavigne, Katie Melua, Jack Bruce, Hayley Westenra, and Andrew Lloyd Webber, to name a few. As film/TV/broadcast composers, they've been running a successful production music/composition service since 2001 and now find that it's the right time to start a full-fledged Library. They offer standard exclusive single-song deals [no reversion clause]. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than May 1, 2006.TAXI # S060501BLNow I don't want to appear backward but when it says that they offer single song deals, does this mean that they only accept one track from an artist for this particular listing or can the usual 3 tracks be submitted but they still only offer a single song deal for each track.I hope I'm making sense, I think I'm confused now.Any info would be great, thanks,Ste B.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: How many tracks can be submitted?

Post by nomiyah » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:39 am

You can submit more than one song to the listing. If they want to make a deal with you, they'll give you a single song contract. If they wanted 3 of your songs, they'd give you 3 single song contracts. There are lots of great books that explain single song contracts but basically it just means the contract applies to the song they want and nothing else.

stebrennan74

Re: How many tracks can be submitted?

Post by stebrennan74 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi Nomi,that's great, cheers for the info.That's sort of what I thought ( or at least was hoping )but a second opinion doesn't hurt.Thanks again,Ste B.