How to say NO...?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: How to say NO...?

Post by melodea » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:14 pm

melodea wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:12 pm
PnoManLV wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:32 am
Thank you TELEFUNKIN and CASEY H for your thoughtful advice. And yes, this would have been my second library deal. However, it turns out that they only serve Scandinavia, Poland and Eastern Europe,. Russia is their new big player. They only sign albums of 10 tracks at a time. Deal is exclusive, in perpetuity.The tracks I auditioned were the ones in my (piano based) category that appeared on their "Featured Tracks" page. VERY poor production and composition IMHO. The link in the email returned "Page Not Found", and redirected to three affiliate companies, including a large RF library. My gut said NO, and I politely replied that I was not prepared to send a complete album at this time.
I am submitting my piano tracks to Taxi's recent compilation listing.

I am still in the early stages of proficiency at production and mixing, but my tracks are still considerably better than what this library was offering.
I am eager to learn, and would love any constructive comments on my material. If you feel like taking the time, visit taxi.com/members/pnomanlv
Piano-Based tracks are marked with a heart...

Thanks again!!!

Hi there

This library sounds like the one that reached out to me last week after a Taxi Forward (also last week). Just like you I checked out their homepage and listened to the releases. The quality is inconsistent, with albums that didn't impress me at all and other ones that are top-notch, from top-notch composers. BTW you hear some "not so impressive" albums in almost every library, especially in their first batch of releases. The particular library is affiliated with a big company that covers the territory you mentioned which is quite big and therefore a good provider of opportunities. I'll give it a shot with a 10-track album and will see what happens. Yes, it's a small fish affiliated with a big one, yes it's quite new, and yes it has not a big credits list under its belt but hey, didn't we all start small!

Best of luck with your music!

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: How to say NO...?

Post by melodea » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:14 am

melodea wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:12 pm
PnoManLV wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:32 am
Thank you TELEFUNKIN and CASEY H for your thoughtful advice. And yes, this would have been my second library deal. However, it turns out that they only serve Scandinavia, Poland and Eastern Europe,. Russia is their new big player. They only sign albums of 10 tracks at a time. Deal is exclusive, in perpetuity.The tracks I auditioned were the ones in my (piano based) category that appeared on their "Featured Tracks" page. VERY poor production and composition IMHO. The link in the email returned "Page Not Found", and redirected to three affiliate companies, including a large RF library. My gut said NO, and I politely replied that I was not prepared to send a complete album at this time.
I am submitting my piano tracks to Taxi's recent compilation listing.

I am still in the early stages of proficiency at production and mixing, but my tracks are still considerably better than what this library was offering.
I am eager to learn, and would love any constructive comments on my material. If you feel like taking the time, visit taxi.com/members/pnomanlv
Piano-Based tracks are marked with a heart...

Thanks again!!!

Hi there

This library sounds like the one that reached out to me last week after a Taxi Forward (also last week). Just like you I checked out their homepage and listened to the releases. The quality is inconsistent, with albums that didn't impress me at all and other ones that are top-notch, from top-notch composers. BTW you hear some "not so impressive" albums in almost every library, especially in their first batch of releases. The particular library is affiliated with a big company that covers the territory you mentioned which is quite big and therefore a good provider of opportunities. I'll give it a shot with a 10-track album and will see what happens. Yes, it's a small fish affiliated with a big one, yes it's quite new, and yes it has not a big credits list under its belt but hey, didn't we all start small!

Best of luck with your music!

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser