I didn't get forwarded

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: I didn't get forwarded

Post by davewalton » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:39 am

Quote:The only thing I can surmise for not getting forwarded is I don't have a lot of Electro, Rock, or Hip Hop in my library at the moment. Some of the other montages had more of that in them. But, who knows? I'm trying not to dwell on it too much as I need to focus to write more stuff for my other clients but I admit it bugs me a little bit. I guess that must mean I'm still human and relatively awake I'm happy for everyone that got forwarded, I hope it works out!Onward and Upward.MazzI went through this sometime back... you guys were getting forwarded for everything I was getting returned for. Speaking from that experience, it's practically impossible not to get miffed about the whole thing. I started thinking "hey, my music is good enough for <insert big-time name here>, why not this listing?". Ultimately it was kind of a good thing in the long run because after I got done being PO'd, I realized that regardless of any past or current successes, that I wasn't invincible. Of course, at the same time while realizing I wasn't invincible, I had to also guard against second guessing myself as a composer. It's a delicate balance.

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:58 am

Words of wisdom worth reading again: "...I realized that regardless of any past or current successes, that I wasn't invincible. Of course, at the same time while realizing I wasn't invincible, I had to also guard against second guessing myself as a composer. It's a delicate balance. "Well said Dave. Read in the present tense, it's a worthy litany for success and against backsliding. bc

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:50 am

So true...and lets not forget this happens to the biggest names in the business.Every return or rejection stings a little. I don't think that ever goes away.And I remember well, years ago when I'd be reading the "Deals On Wheels" column I'd be thinking, "How come all these guys are getting all these deals and placements and I have nothing?

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:41 am

Guys I'm slammed today, but sat down to take a break and thought I would offer some encouragement. From the montages I heard, IMHO the non-forwards have less to do with skill and quality, than with the actual target of the listing. I mentioned a few days ago that the results would be interesting. I've been using this library for years. It's my favorite source for "canned" music. The listing description did a pretty decent job of describing their needs, but there was one little phrase that really brought it home:Different is good. Disturbing and unnerving is even better.” This company obviously doesn’t lack a sense of humor. =-) IMHO this listing came down to diversity--- with a touch of lunacy. I was very impressed by all of the montages posted. There's a bunch of talent floating around this forum, and missing this particular listing is no indication of any lack of skill or talent--- just a different target.btw--- even though I think I was the only one betting, I win the forum pool for picking Thursday as result day.Aub

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:53 am

Aub,Was this the bet where you bought everybody a drink at the Road Rally if you won? Or was that a different bet? Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Well said Aubrey... Charlie

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi everyone, I just signed up with taxi again after a long hiatus.Got the forward on the composer listing. See what happens.Good Luck To All!