I got ONE forward out of a bunch

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

I got ONE forward out of a bunch

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:03 pm

LISTING:
Lots of MODERN FUNK/SOUL INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Successful Publisher with an awesome track record of really BIG placements!

This Publisher is on the lookout for Mid-Tempo Instrumentals that are in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"1612" by VULFPECK

"Adrienne and Adrianne" by the Fearless Flyers

"Smooth Move" by Cory Wong ft. Tom Misch

IMPORTANT: They're NOT looking for clones or soundalikes! Similar tempo, style, and overall vibe? Yes. Clones? No!

Although some of the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only.

Please submit Modern Funk/Soul Instrumentals with throwback motifs from the '60s and '70s, but with a contemporary sound! Your submissions should have soulful grooves, catchy melodies, funky bass lines, tight musicianship, danceable rhythms, emotionally upbeat energy, modern and high-quality production, and dynamic arrangements with plenty of forward movement and interest building throughout. Funk instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best (think organ, funky guitar, drums, bass, etc.).

QUOTING THE COMPANY: "We are looking for well-crafted Instrumentals with high-production quality."

All submissions should be about 2 to 4 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this request. Please do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use the references only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal with a 1-year reversion. Any sync licensing fees are split 50/50. You’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. Since this company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed to any other Libraries or Catalogs. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, March 27th, 2024. TAXI Dispatch # D240327VL

TRACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... rd-s-music
FEEDBACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... DPCQB6qspw

Funny thing is that I submitted this exact same track to a different funk listing about 2 months ago, and it was returned..... I am happy for the forward, but am still scratching my head trying to figure out these briefs and screeners. I am not " BLAMING THE GATEKEEPERS" I just want to gain a better understanding of this is all.... In 4 months on TAXI, I am about 15 for 50 on Forwards so far, with ONE signing - and IMHO, I think that is a crappy success ratio on here.
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: I got ONE forward out of a bunch

Post by WSAO » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:25 pm

Nice one Brad!
Cool groove!
Did you change something in the song to resend or was exactly the same file that was returned?

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:20 pm

Congrats Bradley, cool track and well-deserved forward! I just started my 4th year of Taxi and an average of 5 to 10% response to the listings you got forwarded to is normal. So your success rate is good and you can't expect more. The only parameters on which you have an influence are the numbers and quality of your submissions. The rest is according to my stats an expected 5 top 10% response to your forwards. With all the explanations from different sources (not only Taxi) about the nature of this business, I still can't wrap my head around such a poor response ratio. But I've learned to suck it up and I'm still very grateful to Taxi because, even with that 5 to 10 % ratio, I managed to have enough contracts to have plenty of work directly from the companies I signed within the past 3 years!

Good luck with your music!

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:41 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:03 pm
In 4 months on TAXI, I am about 15 for 50 on Forwards so far, with ONE signing - and IMHO, I think that is a crappy success ratio on here.
30% forward rate is pretty good , as is one signing from 15 forwards. You are definitely on the better end of the success spectrum.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:40 am

WSAO wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:25 pm
Nice one Brad!
Cool groove!
Did you change something in the song to resend or was exactly the same file that was returned?
I didn't change a thing! lol- Thank you for the positive comment!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:44 am

melodea wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:20 pm
Congrats Bradley, cool track and well-deserved forward! I just started my 4th year of Taxi and an average of 5 to 10% response to the listings you got forwarded to is normal. So your success rate is good and you can't expect more. The only parameters on which you have an influence are the numbers and quality of your submissions. The rest is according to my stats an expected 5 top 10% response to your forwards. With all the explanations from different sources (not only Taxi) about the nature of this business, I still can't wrap my head around such a poor response ratio. But I've learned to suck it up and I'm still very grateful to Taxi because, even with that 5 to 10 % ratio, I managed to have enough contracts to have plenty of work directly from the companies I signed within the past 3 years!

Good luck with your music!

Chris
Hi Chris-
I always knew this was going to be a numbers game going in...An old buddy of mine has been doing this for about 15 years now (not a TAXI member) and although he now has Matt VB type of numbers of placements, it took him quite awhile to get ANY library to bite on ANYTHING... Thank you for your encouraging comments!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:52 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:41 pm
BradleyHagen wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:03 pm
In 4 months on TAXI, I am about 15 for 50 on Forwards so far, with ONE signing - and IMHO, I think that is a crappy success ratio on here.
30% forward rate is pretty good , as is one signing from 15 forwards. You are definitely on the better end of the success spectrum.
Thanks Mark-
I really thought that this would be easier! Guess I am wrong!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:12 am

15 forwards in your first 4 months is REALLY damn good, man. Celebrate those successes - many people would kill to have them. When I started, I went 0-68 for my first couple of years (true story).

~~Matt

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eandersonmusic » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:19 am

I'd like to add that 1 is all you really need. Almost all of my contacts came from just 1 track forwarded.
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website • https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page • https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify • https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:19 am

Matt-
Seriously??
i find that somewhat shocking based on what I have heard, but thanks for the encouraging words dude!