I'm Coming Home To Stay

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

irwin
Impressive
Impressive

I'm Coming Home To Stay

Post by irwin » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:30 pm

"I'm Coming Home To Stay" is what I am thinking of submitting to a list, so can any one tell me if this would be a good idea. Feedback need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHco6FcZtg
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: I'm Coming Home To Stay

Post by deantaylor » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:23 am

Hey Irwin,
This one is a little too repetitious for my taste. It might be better with more changes, more growth. There also seems to be a lot of dead time at the end.
Dean

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:37 pm

Is this for a particular listing?

irwin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by irwin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:27 am

irthlingz wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:37 pm
Is this for a particular listing?
Yes!. This is what it reads:
Quoting the Company's CEO: "These don’t necessarily need to be huge, big pieces as they can be used for light interpersonal conflict.. so a variety of intensities would be useful. A 3-part structure works well for these. 1) introduce the main theme, 2) provide an edit point that leads to a new melody or introduction of a new element, and 3) return to the main theme in a crescendo."

Please submit current-sounding Tension Instrumentals with Hip-Hop beats and musical motifs that create tension and drama. Craft your Cues around a singular motif, and layer instrumentation in and out as they progress to create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics. Instrumentation in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references will work best (think Hip-Hop drums, 808s, synths, keys, horns, etc.) Please be sure that your productions and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and modern.

Submissions should be about 2.5 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings are needed for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Library will need 30-second and 60-second versions of your Instrumentals AS WELL AS stems, but not yet! All you need to submit for now are the Full Instrumentals, but please have 30-second and 60-second versions, AND stems on hand ready to go. Read the next paragraph carefully...

Critical FYI: The 30-second and 60-second versions are likely to be used for advertising, so they actually need to end at :29.5 seconds and :59.5 seconds, including reverb tails and instrument ring-outs. TV and radio stations use computers to switch from one thing to another on VERY precise schedules, so if your reverb tails or instrument ring-outs exceed :29.5 seconds and/or :59.5 seconds, your music will not work, and cannot be used.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. If you've checked the box to have your music "monetized," published, or administrated by a company like CDBaby, TuneCore, or SongTrust, you CAN NOT submit for this request. They are fine companies, and if you're only using them to distribute your music, no problem. But, if you checked that box, you've already got a publisher or a company administrating your publishing, which means that you cannot sign that music to another publisher!

This Music Library will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Copyright and Master Recording to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, April 25th, 2024. TAXI # S240425SN

Submit Your Music To This Opportunity.
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 am

Dear Irwin, I've cruised around this forum for about 3 and a half years and came across your music a couple of times already. You have gotten reviews countless times from all the masters and long-time successful producers in the Taxi realm. I have the impression that those critiques didn't stick at all.
This is a HIP-HOP listing, and the rhythm of your instruments is off most of the time. There is no punch in the drums, weird harmonies are going on etc.........we are talking Hip-Hop, man, with rhythms super in the pocket, easy harmonies, super memorable melodies, and beats that punch you in your gut!

Here is one of the refs of the listing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGc7JFfG34

Does it even come close? No.

I would advise you to take ref tracks and try to copy them instrument by instrument, layer by layer, and copy the mix! Do that for dozens of tracks and then start to add your own sauce.

Best of luck with your music

Sorry, I didn't want to come off rude but honesty is the best policy IMO!

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser