I Need 10 USB Ports!

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Re: I Need 10 USB Ports!

Post by superblonde » Thu May 06, 2021 12:13 am

Oh someone else had mentioned Mac Pro. The prior mac mini is still favorable. Tons of ports and performance which beats Mac Pro in some single core operations, which translates to high performance in audio apps. The M1 mac mini does not have many ports although it does have very high performance. The other favorable trait of the M1 is that it rarely needs to use the fan which means silent operation. Unlike a tower which sounds like a wind tunnel.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 pm

superblonde wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:13 am
... The M1 mac mini does not have many ports although it does have very high performance. The other favorable trait of the M1 is that it rarely needs to use the fan which means silent operation. Unlike a tower which sounds like a wind tunnel.
Maybe in another 3 months we'll get to see if the M2 chip makes a big difference in the offerings. I like the overall architecture of the Mac Mini. But since I've never owned an Apple I really have no idea how well a Windows DAW works with Windows on the Apple OS. I'm pretty entrenched in the Windows PC world. I used to work directly with many of the big PC hardware & software vendors, in my old job, but not Apple.

I use mostly Cakewalk, and I also have Studio One. Plus numerous soft synths from Toontrack, Addictive, East West and Sample Logic. Plus plug-ins.

Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

KayBur

Post by KayBur » Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 am

jdstamper wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 pm
superblonde wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:13 am
... The M1 mac mini does not have many ports although it does have very high performance. The other favorable trait of the M1 is that it rarely needs to use the fan which means silent operation. Unlike a tower which sounds like a wind tunnel.
Maybe in another 3 months we'll get to see if the M2 chip makes a big difference in the offerings. I like the overall architecture of the Mac Mini. But since I've never owned an Apple I really have no idea how well a Windows DAW works with Windows on the Apple OS. I'm pretty entrenched in the Windows PC world. I used to work directly with many of the big PC hardware & software vendors, in my old job, but not Apple.

I use mostly Cakewalk, and I also have Studio One. Plus numerous soft synths from Toontrack, Addictive, East West and Sample Logic. Plus plug-ins.

Jim
You mean installing Windows on a MacBook? As for me, this is stupidity and unjustified show-off. If someone needs Windows - let him buy a computer for it and not fool around with a MacBook. This is my position.

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Post by superblonde » Thu May 13, 2021 7:28 pm

There are many specific & valid reasons for running Windows as a virtual machine on a Mac.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead