I need new headphones, any suggestions...

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Krakoukask
Active
Active

Re: I need new headphones, any suggestions...

Post by Krakoukask » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:35 pm

So just had a post on to check if anyone has tried the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro. Reviews seem on the positive size.

NMN
Active
Active

Post by NMN » Thu May 27, 2021 12:34 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:29 am
collmerosie wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:59 am
I also need suggestions on what headphones to buy within the range $45-$60
Short answer. None of them ...I've not seen any recommended budget studio headphones for that low of a price. Sennheiser HD 280 PRO MK2 seem to be well regarded as a budget option at under $100
Take a look at the JVC HA-RX700. They are around $50. They are huge and look goofy but they sound great and SonarWorks SoundID Reference has a stock profile for them.

Cameloide
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Cameloide » Thu May 27, 2021 9:37 am

eeoo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:00 am
I love my Audio-Technica AT_M50's!

eo
I'll second these, the AT_M50x's. I've been using the same set of sony mdr-7506's for over 20 years (got to admire the longevity), but when I started incorporating the AT_M50x's into my mixing routine everything got noticeably better, especially the low end. It's hard to end up with a muddy boomy mix if you go back and forth between good monitors and the AT_M50x's. They also isolate better than the sony's, so you get less headphone bleed when recorded vocals or acoustic guitar.

The main headphone wire is detachable which is cool and also the ear pad wires are hidden inside the frame, which I really like...in theory they should hold up better in the hands of novices or idiots (i mean rappers) in the studio, though I'm done running that experiment. I've had at least 6 pairs of various brands get ruined by rappers being careless with headphones, i've re-soldered/fixed at least 4 of them only to have it happen again within a matter of months. Now I make them use apple ear buds which they seem to actually like, lol, and they've yet to destroy a single set.

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Fri May 28, 2021 10:05 am

cardell wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:43 pm
I love my Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphones...maybe even more than my Yamaha HS80M monitors. :D

These are OPEN headphones. They won't give you the isolation you probably want for recording acoustic instruments & vocals, but they are very accurate for mixing and editing.

While mixing with these headphones I use 112db's Redline Monitor: http://www.112db.com/redline/monitor/

Product reviews:

"The first week I've been listening to music much more often because these make it sound so much better."
(noise-reducingheadphones.blogspot.com, 09/2010)

"... excellent open ear design, true sound reproduction..."
(bestheadphonereview.com, 08/2010)

"The clarity of the DT 990s is superb. You hear everything, whether you want to or not."
(audioheadphonesblog.com, 07/2010)

Stuart

+1 on this - the level of comfort is second to none in my opinion!