Ideas for TAXI TV Topics

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Ideas for TAXI TV Topics

Post by hummingbird » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 pm

I suppose it's not possible to have someone paint a picture of what happens after a track is forwarded... how many more 'gatekeepers' a track might go through before it's chosen to be signed, and then, what it might go through in order to be placed. I'm sure all kinds of things occur in the audition process and not being chosen often has less to do with the value of the track and more to do with the 'cooks' that are producing the shows that need music and what they ask of the music sup or editor, how often scripts change or 'wants' change or shows are dropped or new directors come in and do a clean slate, etc.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Wed May 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Vikki,

Good points. I often wonder the same thing.

From my experience with libraries, they either WANT your track or DON'T WANT your track. There is no "Hold box" for possible tracks that may be used in a few years.

Again, that's my personal experience.

mikehamm123
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikehamm123 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:33 am

My suggestions:

Unpack the terms used in the listings--with brief examples to show what they sound like. I know terms have been covered in various videos, but is there one 'go to' video to help people crack the code?

I don't know if there are rights issues preventing you from playing scenes from TV shows to show how the music is actually *used* and why it is effective--but it would be great to play examples showing how what is asked for in the listings translates to successful usage of music to achieve dramatic effects. For example, how a music editor will back into an edit point, or how a source cue is used but does not compete with dialogue.

Even better, play a scene using a Taxi member's cue, and also play the original submission--so we can hear how it was edited, what parts where used, how the composition lended itself to being 'editable' and usable. This would be invaluable with trailer examples (but there haven't been trailer listings lately?). But dissect a cue that is used in a scene, and show why the submission was usable and editor-friendly.

Also a splitter would be great so you can play music cues 'line in' instead of over the mic!
Mike

===========

https://mikehammmusic.com