INDIE ROCK SONGS......

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

windowman
Impressive
Impressive

Re: INDIE ROCK SONGS......

Post by windowman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:14 am

Quote:Wade.....I really like the personality in your tunes....plus, Quote:'smokes-too-much' is always a great effect......vtbppswhere's the crazier avatar you promised Remember the good old days when you could smoke in maternity wards?The avatar is on his way, I promise. You know, because I like to be taken seriously just in case A&R people check out these forums... Wade

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:35 am

I love this!!! Have you ever heard "Ghost Town" by The Specials? It's an old one but one of my all time favorites.... it's like them and The Clash .... great production (guitar effect is awesome) all around great job... Geo

windowman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by windowman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:05 am

Quote:I love this!!! Have you ever heard "Ghost Town" by The Specials? It's an old one but one of my all time favorites.... it's like them and The Clash .... great production (guitar effect is awesome) all around great job... GeoThanks Geo- Yeah, 'Ghost Town' is a great track by one of the best overlooked bands of the 80's. (Funny how corporate crap like Loverboy thrived & bands like this went largely unnoticed.) The Clash- another favorite band of mine. I saw them in Edmonton in 1982 at the worst sounding venue in town. Joe Ely was the warm up act. Great show & a great experience. I guess my influences are showing. If you want to see a great documentary about Joe Strummer, check out 'The Future is Unwritten'. Too bad he's dead & Paris Hilton is allowed to live. The debate on the existence of God is officially over...Wade

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:31 am

OK just found that instrumental track, not so classic Ska, love the solo section about 2mins in with the delay and the outro is cool... nice stuff Wade.

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:35 am

Quote:[quote author=geo board=peer thread=1205550935 post=1206034549]If you want to see a great documentary about Joe Strummer, check out 'The Future is Unwritten'. Too bad he's dead & Paris Hilton is allowed to live. The debate on the existence of God is officially over...WadeMaybe God needed a guitar player?