Indirect Taxi deal.

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Indirect Taxi deal.

Post by zircon » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:43 am

I recently got a placement in an upcoming Xbox 360/Playstation 3 video game being produced by a major video game company and starring a very famous actor. I was definitely excited for this - without going into detail, the license fee I received was several times larger than my previous best single-song deal, and on-par with production music library deals I've gotten. Of course, this is a lot better because (1) it's a video game, which automatically makes it cooler, (2) it's non-exclusive, and (3) I didn't lose any rights or spend any time promoting whatsoever!The deal is "indirect" because I had submitted several songs to Taxi for a listing by the music library which placed the song. Taxi rejected one and forwarded one. The one that got forwarded was rejected by the library, but ironically, the one Taxi rejected was resubmitted directly to the library (by me) and they accepted it. Fast forward to about 6 months later and it has been licensed.The song is "Warhead", which you can listen to at www.cdbaby.com/zircon3.By the way: this is also my first Taxi-related deal of any kind.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Indirect Taxi deal.

Post by davewalton » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:06 am

Jun 30, 2008, 1:43pm, zircon wrote:I recently got a placement in an upcoming Xbox 360/Playstation 3 video game being produced by a major video game company and starring a very famous actor. Were your ears burning? We were just talking about you not too long ago... like on your birthday. Birthday's must be good times to get deals. Good to hear all that and good to see you on the boards.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:27 am

Zircon,That was very hot. Makes me think of (a grittier version of) The Chemical Brothers. No wonder it got placed.Great job.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Great stuff, I'm not surprised. Good to see you make an appearance every once in a while, you must be busy, that's a good thing!!Congrats and keep up the good work!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zircon » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks everyone! Yes, I have been pretty busy lately... school, a sample library company startup, a new production music CD, various original music, some tunes for games, etc. But life is definitely good.

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:46 pm

Very nice indeed and congrats!! I'm not surprised at all why they picked this one! Really energetic and cool!

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:41 am

hey zircon,great - well done!martin
production, composition & stringed instruments