Industrial Review - Face Your Enemies

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Industrial Review - Face Your Enemies

Post by aimusic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:45 am

Hey All,This is the industrial track that I wanna submit to the following listingHigh-energy, up-tempo INDUSTRIAL ROCK INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) are wanted by one of the biggest sports and entertainment networks on cable television. They need really high energy, exciting and adrenaline-pumping tracks. They ONLY want uptempo. Dramatic pushes and builds could add intrigue & viability here. No unclearable samples. Great performances are an absolute must. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than April 11, 2008. TAXI #Y080411IRDo you think it's on target?Your input is always greatly appreciated!!!!Take Care Bhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=115953&stream=1Face Your Enemies

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Industrial Review - Face Your Enemies

Post by aimusic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:26 am

Anyone?

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:46 am

Someone?P.s. I know there's like an 8hour difference between us and the States so I'm just pulling ur legsTake CareB

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:59 am

Brad,Love to comment on it for ya', but I just don't know what makes up a good industrial rock tune, so I really can't say. Sounds good ta' me, but there again, that's of no real help to ya'. I'd say you have the necessary energy there that they're looking for. I think at the break where you cut back on the time, you lose the energy you had going, but you come back into it again, after 2 measures is it? Maybe change that section, and keep the energy flowing with a different arrangement. Just throwin' some ideas out there. HTH.I-468

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:47 am

Hey I-468Yeah me and industrial have also just recently become acquainted!! It's an awesome genre I think, would really love to get into it properly!!!I get what you mean bout the middle section, thinking bout adding some build up percussion in there, but I kinda like the whole dying down vibe to bring it back in ...How's ur track coming along?Take CareB

blackrabbit

Post by blackrabbit » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:05 am

Hey AIMusic,I think its pretty good. I am fairly new to Industrial metal too. Your track definitely has high energy. I think you are definitely on in that regards. My only critique would be that I thought Industrial Metal had more live drums and stuff. To me, your track is pushing more techno than metal. Overall, its really good. Let me know if you get this forwarded. -RyanBlack Rabbit Records

blackrabbit

Post by blackrabbit » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:12 am

BTW,When I think of Industrial Metal, I think of the bands like Static X, White Zombie, and Rammstein. -RyanBlack Rabbit Records

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:17 am

Hey Ryan,I definately see which angle your coming from, but for me industrial is more along the lines of KMFDM/Nine Inch Nails/Adrenalin Junkies which contains mostly electronic sounds...Infact I would be brave enough to say that Industrial is kind of like Drum 'n Bass just with vox and fatter sounds.. I could be completely and utterly wrong...ANY INDUSTRIAL FANS OUT THERE? WE NEED HELP .Take care and thanks for your kind wordsB

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:25 am

Hey B,They keep a list of genres and bands that fit them somewhere off the main page (I'd post it if I knew and I'm short on time, off to work for a couple of hours before class!). Anyway, if you're confused about who plays under what banner, that should clear all y'all up nicely, if you can find it. I know I had it somewhere......(sigh).

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:27 am

Hey Squids,Thanks for the heads up, I'll see if I can find it...Take CareB