input on new song

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gundersen
Active
Active

input on new song

Post by gundersen » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:26 pm

Looking for your take on what style you would list this song under for taxi submissions.Song title "Last day of summer".www.myspace.com/cliffgundersen www.taxi.com/gundersen

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: input on new song

Post by geo » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:22 am

Hey Chris, nice track, like the guitar work(jealous ) as far as sumission, I don't know, not enough words for a "lyrical sub", too many for an "instrumental"? I would suggest you try instrumental listings but maybe send two versions in, one with no vocal, double your chances, double your fun... Geo

gundersen
Active
Active

Post by gundersen » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks GEO...Cliff

gundersen
Active
Active

Post by gundersen » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:12 pm

Hey folks, I see lots of views but only one comment. Would anyone else care to comment...I would appreciate it. Thank you very much for your time.Cliff Gundersen

idosomedamage

Post by idosomedamage » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:40 pm

sounds like a techno song to me.

thaman
Active
Active

Post by thaman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:39 pm

electronica/dance - definitely...although this is a "unique" dance/electronica piece. good luck to you,check out my "3 songs" ("Good", "If I Loved You", and "One in a Million") if you get a chance... www.taxi.com/ramansachdevraman

gundersen
Active
Active

Post by gundersen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:45 pm

Quote:electronica/dance - definitely...although this is a "unique" dance/electronica piece. good luck to you,check out my "3 songs" ("Good", "If I Loved You", and "One in a Million") if you get a chance... www.taxi.com/ramansachdevramanRaman, thank you very much for taking the time to listen and give me your take..I appreciate that. I listened to the 3 songs you listed. While I did enjoy them all...my favorite was "if I Loved You" it has a great intro and a nice edgy feel and the chorus contrast works really good also the chorus harmomies felt good to me. The song "Good" was my next choice..cool vocals and a nice groove to the song. "One In A Million" had some pops/clicks and I couldn't tell if they were intentional but they were a little distracting but I liked the vocals as a matter of fact I like your vocals on all the songs...nice work man. Thanks again for taking the time for me, Cliff

gundersen
Active
Active

Post by gundersen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:47 pm

Quote:sounds like a techno song to me. Hey idosomedamage thank you for your input..that's what I needed to know and I appreciate you taking the time.Cliff

matthewhaw

Post by matthewhaw » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Hey there, Matt here. Right off the bat it makes me think of The Ventures.... but a lot more modern of course. Its like if The Ventures met The Beach boys and then all purchased leather trench coats and went to a Nine inch nails concert! Very cool. It’s original to say the least, I could see hearing this in a racing video game or maybe in a really fast paced movie trailer.-M.R.H.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Matt! BWHAHAHAH!! Good description. Cliff:I really LOVE the harmonies on this. Well done. I'd bet they're gonna give you grief about the lyrics.....you stop at "last day we'll ever...." ever what? (they'll say)It sounds like elec-tech to me too. If you added some verses, you could release both versions to different listings. Something to think about. Nice melody there, great harmonies, good groove.Squid