Inspirational and Uplifting...

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

buckd22
Active
Active

Inspirational and Uplifting...

Post by buckd22 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Does this one sound inspirational and uplifting?http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=trueI'm working on it for this:NEW LISTING -- INSPIRATIONAL AND UPLIFTING INSTRUMENTALS in all styles are needed by a great Production Music Library/Publisher that has signed tons of TAXI members over the years, and has made money for many. These Instrumentals can be lush orchestral arrangements, simple/acoustic piano or guitar pieces, lilting/playful Alt Country/Singer-Songwriter tracks, etc. The only absolute must is that the overall tone is very inspiring, heartwarming and light. Think of a commercial where children are laughing, a couple is holding hands and walking along the side of a lake, a baby is playing and giggling with a grandparent, etc. - these pieces need to reflect a warm and glowing mood to support visual scenes of this nature. Tracks should ideally be between :60 and 3 minutes in length - you must be prepared to provide shorter edits with button endings, should the company contact you. Performances need to be excellent and broadcast quality is necessary - great home recordings should be just fine. I can hear the song and picture the images pretty easily. I guess that's a good sign. Any thoughts would be apprecieated.Thanks!!Chris

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Inspirational and Uplifting...

Post by suzdoyle » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi Chris;Thanks for posting your song. My initial feeling when hearing it was poignancy and sadness more than uplifting. I'm thinking this is due to the melody descending on the fourth phrase (the echo of the the first line that descends), and to the second chord being minor.I'm wondering if it might be more effective to play the lead on guitar or a wind instrument?? Just a thought.I like your key change; it comes at just the right time. Overall, I think this has some nice elements, but could be a tad more uplifting by tinkering with the melody.Thanks for posting this, and here's wishing you a satisfying journey here in Taxi-Land!Suz

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by suzdoyle » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Also, near the end of your song you vamp on guitar chords a while, and that sounds more happy and uplifting -- that might be a more effective way to begin the song, if our goal is to set a more uplifting tone at the outset. ,Suz

buckd22
Active
Active

Post by buckd22 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:00 am

Suz,Thanks for listening and thanks for the comments. I think you are right in everything you are saying. The song used to start with the guitar. Then I added the piano, then I took out the guitar. I like the idea of reversing the 4th bar of the piano phrase. I never would have thought of that. I really appreciate your input!Chris

rfrey
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rfrey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi buckd,Very nice piece. Nice simple melody that is working throughout and I can hang on to. I'm hearing some strange compression or something. Are you using a compressor or a limiter on this? Sounds like the levels are fluctuating in an unnatural way to me. Maybe its my system here or my player. Nice composition for sure. Rich

buckd22
Active
Active

Post by buckd22 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Rich, THanks for listening. I hear what you are talking about in the B section. I'll work on that. I am using some compression. Perhaps too much. Thanks again!Chris