Inspiring Elegant cues

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eringal

Inspiring Elegant cues

Post by eringal » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Posting another one since I think I read you have to make two posts before they start showing up.

I'm really on the fence about this one. I finished this one a few weeks ago so it wasn't written specifically to fill this listing of inspiring, elegant cues. I will have to shorten it, but other than that, does it work? I'm not sure if it fits the bill for inspiring. I'm also not really satisfied with the production, but I can't seem to get it to sound any better. I'm playing everything live, I haven't really started working with VST's yet because I'm still pretty new to everything.

Appreciate your thoughts!!

https://soundcloud.com/erin-galloway-42 ... nd/s-DZhRF

jman1283

Re: Inspiring Elegant cues

Post by jman1283 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 am

I like the music and the playing. It sounds like it was recorded in a real live room. Once the mics pick up the room it’s impossible to take that out. Try recording the parts with the microphone between the sound source and some suspended moving blankets or any kind of sound absorbing panel.
Then you will get a much more focused recording. You can add reverb/ambience back in easily.
Did you play all the string parts yourself?
Keep on writing!!
Jason
Reside in Chandler, Arizona
Educator, Musician
Love to compose and write songs.
DAW of choice - Logic X
telephone 480-677-0925
jman8964@gmail.com
BMI

eringal

Re: Inspiring Elegant cues

Post by eringal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 am

That sounds like great advice, thank you!

Yes, I did, but I played them all on the violin and then used an effect to lower one of the tracks by an octave. Doesn't sound as good as a real cello, but I think it does the job, do you agree?