Instrumental Country Lullaby

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Instrumental Country Lullaby

Post by mikegoudreau » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:56 am

I just submitted a song for this Instrumental Country Lullaby listing. I'd love to hear your tune if you've submitted too, so please post your submission here if you wish. New Listing CONTEMPORARY & TRADITIONAL COUNTRY SONGS, covered in an Instrumental Lullaby format, are needed by a prominent Independent Publisher/Label as part of a retail compilation series. Similar projects have sold up wards of 1.5 million units worldwide. They’re looking for songs from major country artists, traditional and contemporary, that are covered instrumentally (no vocals) with arrangements such as mandolin/fiddle/banjo/guitar. Not only is the company looking for songs, but also writers/producers who really understand Country music and can arrange these country hits in a knowledgeable manner. The material should represent a firm grasp of the intricacies of Country music. Excellent performances are necessary. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Noon PST on Thursday, Mar. 13, 2008. TAXI #D080313COMy version of '' She Believes In Me '' ...I also submitted a version without the strings. http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=1Cheers, Mike

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Instrumental Country Lullaby

Post by hummingbird » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:09 am

Very nicely done! Enjoyed it a lot
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:33 am

Well I guess not many folks here sent anything in for this ?I've only submitted country tunes 2 or 3 times and was returned every time...I wonder if this listing will be as difficult to get a forward on as the regular country listings? Well, only $5 to find out...And I recorded this version in a day ( thought I could do it in a couple of hours )...Slow tempo tunes are the tuffest to do...Especially with acoustic guitars Thanks for your comment Vicky...Salut !MG

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:46 pm

I had a forward for my version of the above mentioned '' She Believes in Me ''...So I sent this version of Willie Nelson's '' Always On My Mind '' for the listing below....Although this is not the '' Listings'' section I thought I'd just continue on this old thread since it seems to be for the same company. http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=1Pretty cool recording these tunes because I hadn't played them in 15 + years...But they'll always be classics to me ! CONTEMPORARY & TRADITIONAL COUNTRY SONGS, covered in an Instrumental Lullaby format, are needed by a prominent Independent Publisher/Label as part of a retail compilation series. Similar projects have sold upwards of 1.5 million units worldwide. They're looking for songs from major country artists, traditional and contemporary, that are covered instrumentally (no vocals) with arrangements such as mandolin/fiddle/banjo/guitar. Not only is the company looking for songs, but also a Producer or two who really understand Country music and can arrange these country hits in a knowledgeable manner. The material should represent a firm grasp of the intricacies of Country music. Excellent performances are necessary. If you already submitted to D080313CO, you may want to submit different material for this listing. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than April 29, 2008. TAXI #Y080429COMG

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:08 am

Hi Mikey!I never go to the boards farther down the main page so I've been missing your tunes! Congrats on the forward for She Believes in Me! I really like Always on My Mind, sounds like Willie's phrasing and his old Martin, even, except maybe more contemporary (he uses nylon strings, right?). Well done!! Nice build in the background too.