with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Insufficient Memory... ???

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:34 pm

Thanks, Alan, Les, & Casey!

I will try all of these! I had been trying the shutting down bit, but just willy-nilly, so I don't know if I was catching the right thing or not. I hope that altering the startup programs will help. I'll definitely try another virus checker. I like the one I use currently, but it really doesn't seem to be working on finding anything (and the subscription just renewed, too :roll: ). I didn't think I'd downloaded anything except from places I trusted, like Waves and Native Instruments and MakeMusic and Fallout Music Group, but you never know. And, since it was a slightly older computer when my cousin gave it to me a few years ago, anything is possible!

I'll keep working on the problem and let you all know what happens. I really appreciate everyone's advice. I'll try almost anything to get my main music production gear back online!

Encouraged,
Merry :)

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:11 pm

Just a thought: a memory leak doesn't have to be malicious; could be a well-meant app that is simply not working correctly on your system with your HW/SW configuration. :cry:

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:44 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:11 pm
Just a thought: a memory leak doesn't have to be malicious; could be a well-meant app that is simply not working correctly on your system with your HW/SW configuration. :cry:
Thanks, Alan! I'll check for that, too. The problem with technology is that so MANY different things could be wrong! :lol: Ah, well. I still need to go work with it. I've been working on the laptop so far today. I'll keep you posted, though!

Merry

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Computer is Working Again!!!!!

Post by Merryband1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:08 pm

I did have a bunch of issues, but after taking the computer tower apart a few times, experiencing nothing but beeps at startup (the RAM module wasn't properly socketed), and finally getting it to where it would turn back on, I loaded my DAW. It still wasn't working, so I tried troubleshooting and discovered I had something set up wrong. I needed the Low Latency sound module setting. Now it's working! Thanks so much for EVERYONE who tried to help me fix my problem. A few months away from it and working in the laptop helped me to overcome my fear of fixing it. I still have no idea why the Standby overflow issue corrected itself, but I'm just going to count my blessings and get back to work! :)

Much relieved,
Merry