Introducing Myself to Taxi Forum...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kjckjc
Active
Active

Introducing Myself to Taxi Forum...

Post by kjckjc » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:53 pm

After reading thru Hummingbird's post - I am following his advice and introducing myself!... I was at the 2023 Road Rally, and it was everything Michael (and others) had promised - and more!... Had a wonderful time - and will certainly be back in 2024... I started as an orchestral percussionist way back when - started drum lessons at 7 years old, and played with local community concert bands and orchestras at 9, got a drum set at 12, and started rocking in bands at 15... and the rest is history! I am currently a "retired" MS/HS Band Director of 20+ years, and recently also "retired" from owning a small "Mom and Pop" Music Store here in my little western CO town... Did great for 12 years - but 2020's Covid mess ending up becoming the catalyst that eventually shut it down for good last year... So now my retirement plan is to build a pro level recording studio in my home (literally building an addition onto my house, hopefully about 1000 sq. ft)... I now have 2 storage units full of vintage (and newer) instruments (been collecting for decades - and I am a pro drummer, so the drums alone will need half that space!!)... as well as all of the outboard gear I have been compiling for a few years (being a retail dealer - I was able to purchase most of it wholesale - so I went a bit nutso!)... I have a much smaller basic studio set up up in my home office now (not much space for anything other than my computer, interface unit, DAW, midi keyboard and a mic)... so I am learning to get by with minimalism for now... But once I get Everything up and running - it will be Awesome ~ maybe even overwhelming!!... but for now... learning to make music all over again with what I have available, and will hopefully start submitting that way - and then go full blown in 2024... Great way to learn and experiment, and find what works for me - and does not - at this time... I am now digging into the forums, and the Taxi TV, and the Taxi website... Mostly - Lately - I have been learning about PRO's, DAW's, Plug-Ins, Manipulating Loops, Sounds, etc... I did recently submit some music I had recorded in the 80's, as well as a few instrumental cues, which are on my profile page... Feel free to listen and comment if you like... Stay Tuned!!...
..."To Play a Wrong Note is Insignificant... To Play Without Passion is Inexcusable"...
~ Ludwig Van Beethoven

https://www.taxi.com/members/kencrombie