Introducing myself :)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lukestevens

Introducing myself :)

Post by lukestevens » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:48 am

Hey Taxi Peeps! I'm new here, just became a member a couple months ago. I've known about Taxi for a while, and have some friends who've had success using their platform. I'm super stoked, and a little nervous.
First off I want to give a big shoutout to the Artist Showcase last night and everyone involved. Good show, Great performances, the venue seemed incredibly organized, all around great show. Especially for the first one! Wish I could of been there live!
Anyway, I'm a huge fan of all things Taxi. I watch a ton of Taxi TV. (Shout out to Michael. Hope to meet you some day) I Can't believe it's taken me this long to introduce myself.

So, a little about myself. I’m a Single Dad, a singer songwriter and producer. I Owned a small window, roof, and gutter cleaning business for nearly 15 years, then one day I fell of a roof. I sustained 5 spinal fractures! The worst being the neck (C6) burst fracture. Thank the universe for medical science! They put me back together like the bionic man.
"We have the technology" haha
I had some paralysis in my hand and leg, but have recovered pretty well. I'm still writing and producing. My hand regained some mobility, but still has issues.

I really believe in the write, submit, forget, repeat motto! My goal is to write to the listings and then post up on peer to peer for feedback before I submit. As I get into a rhythm here (pun intended) I want to reciprocate feedback and be involved in the chats here and on Taxi Tv.

That's it for now. I'm trying with all my might to make it to the Road Rally!!! Hope to see you all there!

Here's a link to an EP I recorded and produced on my iPhone with GB. I use Logic and GarageBand mostly.

https://soundcloud.com/lukst/sets/ios-e-p/s-m35DQ

Here's a link to some instrumental cues I made. Still learning. Talk to you all soon!

https://soundcloud.com/lukst/sets/instr ... es/s-k9mW0

Stay True - Luke Stevens
Last edited by lukestevens on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billhewett
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Introducing myself :)

Post by billhewett » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Welcome to TAXI and the Forums, Luke! It sounds like you have the right attitude to be successful here :)

I look forward to meeting you at the Road Rally, assuming you can make it!

-Bill

nathan

Post by nathan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Welcome, Luke! It’s inspiring to hear how you overcame such painful obstacles. Best of luck! I’ll be at the Road Rally this year. Might just see you there.

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:53 am

Hi! I'm new too, but I introduced myself a couple of days earlier than you, so I'm older! and guess I can say "welcome to the forum"! :D

About your Cues, nice material and about the E.P, not sure if it's your influence but reminded me Pink Floyd's style :)
Congrats!

Horace
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 pm

billhewett wrote:Welcome to TAXI and the Forums, Luke! It sounds like you have the right attitude to be successful here :)
+1

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

lukestevens

Post by lukestevens » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:37 am

Thanks everyone for the nice words! :D I’m really looking forward to this new journey and learning from such a great community of musicians!

Talk to you soon - Luke