Is It Me?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

halligan

Is It Me?

Post by halligan » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:28 pm

I have had some really good reviews from taxi but few forwarded. Sometimes the reasons have been cool but the last couple I find a bit odd.....I recently submitted to a 'U.K.-based Management Co' who wants 'an exciting solo artist with focus on excellent and meaningful lyrics as well as possessing amazing vocals'. So I sent a couple of songs. The reviewer says 'Rob, you have really outstanding guitar and vocal skills. These songs are very nicely produced too' but then 'I find your melodies (and chords) to too challenging for listeners.' Well OK. Can someone else listen? The first song I submitted was 'Holding On'. It has 4 chords to a 4/4 tempo. The second song was Singing myself to Sleep which does have a key change in the middle but a very clearly defined Chorus and verse and bridge. Have a listen at http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... =25752This was for TAXI # S060525SSAnother review for a seperate song was interesting. 'Sail Away' illustrates a journey thru life and i guess is a blessing on that for want of a better word - "may you rise to meet your day and see the darkness swept away" and "may you rest beneathy the flow of love..." The Chorus is simply 'sail away'. The review was confused that the verse seemed to talk of walking and the chorus switched to a nautical theme.... Sorry but is that a bit narrow brained? I have apreciated the feedback for the best part but these two did wind me up. Maybe it is me!
Gimme those Danged Seagulls anytime.....

timejunkie
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Is It Me?

Post by timejunkie » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:00 am

Don't get yourself wound up my friend...You are obviously a very talented "artist". It's hard to determine exactly what a listing is "really" looking for.Although they were asking for interesting this and that, your material may well be a little too "sophisticated" for this particular listing.Sometimes even a 4 chord progression can be hard to listen to for the "average listener" when presented in a more complex manner than normal. This is what I felt (just a little) when I listened to "Holding On" . Commercial music in some cases needs to be understandable for the average listener and your style may be suited for the cut above.Don't sweat this listing...keep doing what you are doing and your day will come my friend.